12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Dec 27-29th LES/Snow Event

Chicago Storm

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started to snow here about 25 minutes ago.

If you can get some of the stuff from here to move north you are in for a treat... even KTOL has a 3/4 mi visibility

Since it's 2AM and I'm bored, here's TWC's take on tonights/tomorrow's snowfall

post-595-0-61072500-1356763481_thumb.jpg

Weird that the nearly 2" here isn't showing up on their map lol

A tad over 2 inches in Madison with snow still coming down, reflectivity increasing again so maybe we'll reach 3". It's spread out over such a long time that the impacts are minimal, roads have been easily cleared by plows and traffic alone is breaking it up. Sidewalks need some shoveling, could get icy the next couple of days since so little clearing has been done. We had a solid 9" glacier in place before the event even started, so it looks fairly Arctic out there.

If you can get some of the stuff from here to move north you are in for a treat... even KTOL has a 3/4 mi visibility

Since it's 2AM and I'm bored, here's TWC's take on tonights/tomorrow's snowfall

post-595-0-61072500-1356763481_thumb.jpg

Weird that the nearly 2" here isn't showing up on their map lol

That map is wrong not surprising though, about to go 1 3/4SM here. Vis has been steadily dropping.

what a way to wake up here. Its a white world outside. Just looking from my window i see the obscured treeline in the background as the snow falls and it appears we have a few fresh inches of powder. Without a doubt this is the deepest snow we have had since late Feb 2011! I definitely am planning on doing some winter activity tomorrow, if I cant drag anyone sledding, then a hike in a metropark is a must!

That band from Munice to here is making up for the temporary dry slot. On another note why I am awake right now?

:lmao:

I asked myself that very same question. In winters of the past, a snowfall like this would have had me get up, check the window, and go back to bed. Unfortunately, snow has become such a scarce commodity that a 2-3" snowfall is going to have me get through my day on 5 1/2 hours sleep.

sleep is for when you're six feet under.

Or when the lots are 100% asphalt !!!

A solid 3" here in the county. Snow is actually drifting a little bit too!! What a great end to 2012 WRT the weather in our region. Cold is comming later in the week but my theory is snow breeds snow so we might get lucky in these parts.

Eyeballing it, probably just under an inch here. Was expecting less when I went to bed, so it's sort of a win.

Some of the latest central IN totals...

0723 AM SNOW 2 S CASTLETON 39.88N 86.05W

12/29/2012 M5.5 INCH MARION IN CO-OP OBSERVER

0721 AM SNOW INDIANAPOLIS 39.78N 86.15W

12/29/2012 M4.5 INCH MARION IN NWS OFFICE

INDIANAPOLIS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

0714 AM SNOW CARMEL 39.97N 86.11W

12/29/2012 M5.7 INCH HAMILTON IN CO-OP OBSERVER

0610 AM SNOW WILLIAMS 38.80N 86.65W

12/29/2012 M7.5 INCH LAWRENCE IN CO-OP OBSERVER

Archived