joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A snowmobiling thread

Stebo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone...read on JD that Twin Lakes got 14" of LES.

Hoping the trough and track over MW and NE from about Dec 10 on lead to some system snow in time for my trip to Minocqua Dec 29-Jan 5. At least we will only be an hour from Hurley are if we need to rely on LES to trailer to.

What is everyone else's plan's for the winter?

My rides are a 99 SRX an a 2002 Viper..

Unedited video of me riding 20 inches of powder. You can hear me on "cameraman's" helmet communicator.

Not the best video, it was hard to ride in that spruce swamp, big lumps of grass kept steering me around.

I think 75% of this video is me getting unstuck, my skis kept getting stuck in the grass. Hopefully, when I get a Go-Pro the quality and editing of videos will improve.

It's a risk.. gotta stick to the trails to avoid that. My cousin hit a culvert screwing around a few hours earlier.

Jon

That's what happens with no solid base, Break stuff up not only the sled but bones with it, Riding does not really get underway here until the 1st of Jan, Snow provided of course, A couple of pics from on top of Colburn mtn in Jackman ME @3,700'

Coburn2-1.jpg

Coburn1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't even put gas in my sled yet, or bought a trail premit. Not enough snow. We have to have about three feet of snow to cover up the sharp rocks that are on the trails esp the ones I have to run over trying to get out of town. I never even got my sled out last year due to the combo of bad conditions and health problems. We haven't received the Alberta Clippers to give us the Lake snows and all the system snows have pretty much missed us. The last brunt of the last storm hit from Marquette east. We did get about 3 inches on top of the inch we already had. The snow banks along the streets should be up to my chest by Christmas eve, but not this year again.

Archived