Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential November 27th Event

nj2va

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be trending better on the NAM at a few quick glances. Sounds like the Euro was as well.

it's looking like many will at least see wet snow with this and the lucky ones in higher elevations will get an accumulating snow

I'm happy with that for 11/27, especially considering AO and Stratosphere progs

Looking like the event is going to be just a quick shot of snow Tuesday morning (models are pretty good agreement on that part)...the secondary development appears too late for here. Still, the secondary is a day 3 event, so some time for things to change.

No matter what it'll be nice to see some snowflakes this early into the winter season.

Certainly wetter, but 2m temps and 2m dewpoints specifically, dont look all that great to me.....Maybe its the warm bias.

850 temps started lower than earlier runs and drop to -3C with decent precip still falling

unfortunately it comes at the warmest time of the day so bl does suck

this is likely going to be a non-event but we'll see some snow...admittedly, my bar is low but it's the time of the year

Doesn't the 00z Euro and 12z NAM both call for some snow?

Edited to state that your knowledge far exceeds my novice model hugging so I appreciate your input.

Not the NAM...I think maybe 500' + N and W...could see some snow at like 35 degrees if it gets heavy enough....maybe a mix...probably no accumulation except some bushes and car tops....we'll see tomorrow what profiles look like...not too jazzed about this one and then the pattern gets pretty bad....I think we have a better than 50-50 chance of getting cold in the Dec 7-10th range..i'd call it 60-40 from this far out....

The 12z RGEM simulated radar is showing snow, i will even take snow in the air if it does not stick.

that's where I am

threats of at least light/mod snow events this time of year, even if they miss, are good imho because it suggests a decent storm pattern for the season and climo will improve our chances over the coming weeks

Archived