Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential November 27th Event

nj2va

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit wetter, but also worse with timing and maybe a touch warmer at the surface....I think its a snoozer for the metros..someone near the fall line and northwest may see a slushy inch

look where it has the vort max now....PA

just a hair north of southern VA like the last 3 or 4 runs

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/NCOMAGWEB/appcontroller?prevPage=Param&MainPage=indexℑ=&page=Param&cycle=11%2F26%2F2012+00UTC&rname=UPPER+AIR+PARMS&pname=500_vort_ht&pdesc=&model=NAM&area=NAMER&cat=MODEL+GUIDANCE&fcast=042&areaDesc=North+America+-+US+Canada+and+northern+Mexico&prevArea=NAMER&currKey=model&returnToModel=&imageSize=L

A bit wetter, but also worse with timing and maybe a touch warmer at the surface....I think its a snoozer for the metros..someone near the fall line and northwest may see a slushy inch

There's little worse than missing out on precip when snow is "possible". Give me the precip and I'll take my chances with the temps. If its rain, so be it. That's better than dry and wondering if it would have been snow.

absolutely

in fact, considering it moved it north by 200 miles, I would think temps would be warmer this run than it shows

We'd need the nam to amp more than it just did and dig the s/w, hard to get qpf without the vort there. Just gotta keep looking, just in case it wants to do something for us. I mean snow wise we have no shot I'd say.

I'm not sure what you're looking at. The past few runs I haven't seen a vort south of us, unless you're talking about the one at about 54 hours. In fact the one timed with the precip is actually further south that it was earlier. If I'm misinterpreting let me know.

I'm not sure what you're looking at. The past few runs I haven't seen a vort south of us, unless you're talking about the one at about 54 hours. In fact the one timed with the precip is actually further south that it was earlier. If I'm misinterpreting let me know.

oops, my bad

I was comparing it to the later one

unfortunately, it doesn't change the model forecast!

I think we really need to stop with the "we are not getting anything" comments when it comes to storms. This section of the forum is for the mid atlantic which includes a large area. Some people will see flakes from this event. If you dont it doesnt mean someone else from our region wont.

I agree, of course. And even if we get no snow, anywhere, would people actually rather track partly cloudy?

I am not sure how their scale works, if it means chance of seeing snow in the air then it is correct. If it means sticking then it makes no sense.

It's for accumulating snow tho that can of course be .1" in a higher elevation spot etc. It covers the whole area and 2 is pretty low still.

That's what I figured. I was just wondering what caused the jump from 1 to 2?

i dunno.. we're closer to the 'event' for one potentially. possibly could have already been a 2. not sure much has changed positively for snow.

i dunno.. we're closer to the 'event' for one potentially. possibly could have already been a 2. not sure much has changed positively for snow.

I'm sure not optimistic about it and was going to e-mail Jason that I don't think it warrants an article but I'd write one if he wanted it. The surface temps are really warm so I think you'd have to get back to the mountains with elevation to have much chance at snow.

I'm sure not optimistic about it and was going to e-mail Jason that I don't think it warrants an article but I'd write one if he wanted it. The surface temps are really warm so I think you'd have to get back to the mountains with elevation to have much chance at snow.

God this sucks lol. I want to see snow fall in Baltimore some time this year!

Archived