• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tidbits and teasers from the web

POWERSTROKE

Good point but if he loses credibility thats his problem. All some have done on here is post his thoughts. If nobody likes him who cares. However not one time has he said snow in se this year. The last storm he never said anything about amounts. He posted gfs map and that was it. Everybody busted on this storm as nobody got what models showed but with ground temps at 47 here i for one didnt expect 3-6 inches like forecasted. His character is to hype so is DT but most read their comments on twitter or fb just to see what they say. He is just another forecaster that some like and others don't.

Yeah, pretty true he has the right to post his thoughts like anyone else also.  He's just criticized more because of who and how long he's been around I'm guessing.  Forecasting upper level lows and dynamics is never a fun task for anyone down here in the SE imo.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found on Bard Panovich FB page

"Both of our long range models have snow over the Carolinas Friday night into Saturday. They differ on amounts and extent of coverage, but the trends have been towards snow for the past 2 model runs. The snow meter remains at a 1 for now. Stay Tuned!"

post-501-0-45813800-1358860299_thumb.png

JB on 12z Euro and JMA, UKMET

Unitl this comes over the rockies the problem is the feedback that is leading to part of the energy jumping out. THe ECMWF is like that now too. The JMA, like the UKMET is hanging back and doesnt like sending energy out so instead.

This has a long way to go. Can I see the flatter solution, certainly. Do I believe it. No

JB on 12z Euro and JMA, UKMET

Unitl this comes over the rockies the problem is the feedback that is leading to part of the energy jumping out. THe ECMWF is like that now too. The JMA, like the UKMET is hanging back and doesnt like sending energy out so instead.

This has a long way to go. Can I see the flatter solution, certainly. Do I believe it. No

I don't understand what he's saying.  Is he saying the energy in the northern stream should be more amped up? 

Yes, he had maps showing JMA and UKMET looked good, but I can't post the maps... But to answer your question a lot juicer.

The UKMet has the vort max digging from Wyoming to northern Oklahoma, and indeed, would be a major winter storm...but it's way south of the GFS/Euro with the vort max, and it has a known bias of being too far south with features.

The UKMet has the vort max digging from Wyoming to northern Oklahoma, and indeed, would be a major winter storm...but it's way south of the GFS/Euro with the vort max, and it has a known bias of being too far south with features.

Just to clarify my post.

Yes he was not saying thats what was going to happen, he feels like the ukmet and jma may have the better idea?

Seen on the web :P

Mid Atlantic Weather

57 minutes ago · Snow potential for most of VA and now into NC increased! Northern VA and MD - European has really brought down snow totals there. Central VA looks good on this run. So I am convinced of a snowy/wintry Friday for a lot of VA and NC, not sure of amounts and again, light to moderate snow system seems possible.

That doesn't explain slpoehead?

Wxrisk.com

on a side note... some of you may see a comment from me

"BULLY!!" let me explain

That phrase is an expression I use when something is awesome or great or fabulous ... it goes back to one of our greatest if not THE greatest POTUS of all time Teddy Roosevelt and a personal hero of mine.

I agree. Sometimes I have to read hie tweets a couple times.

Did you get any snow your way?It snowed off and on

twice then around 1:00 started sleeting

Same here a little snow this morning then sleet!!! I wanna big snow! lol

You see where NWS has freezing rain in forecast sunday night?

Just looked at my forecast and was surprised, haven't heard anybody mention this?

SUNDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN AFTER

MIDNIGHT. NOT AS COOL WITH LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. LIGHT AND

VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

.MONDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN IN THE

MORNING. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

30 PERCENT.

Just looked at my forecast and was surprised, haven't heard anybody mention this?

30 PERCENT.

30 PERCENT.

We want a good snowstorm too.I told my wife if we could have had last weeks

moisture with this weeks cold we would have been set.There's talk of a cold Feb

and from what wxsouth weather says it could be good for the SE.

From Big Joe yesterday:

@BigJoeBastardi: On FBN to talk about the cold... that will come with greater fury next week and beyond

Thanks for posting. I'm not saying you're necessarily buying into what he says as you're just being a messenger. However, a word of caution and a reminder to the readers: When JB speaks in generalities, he certainly isn't concentrating on the SE US and is most likely centered on the NE. Though some models are showing it for the NE and Midwest, no model is showing any kind of sustained cold air for the SE, and we've yet to have any. As a matter of fact, Atlanta is on track to have its warmest 12/1-1/31 since at least 1949-50! This has occured despite JB harping on cold for the bulk of the last two months and some models actually having shown very impressive cold here.

Archived