Newest Member
    amirah5
Tidbits and teasers from the web

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Bastardi ‏@BigJoeBastardi

Floridians:dont be surprised, coldest air of winter season invades late week,with some snow into panhandle,if not further s #bybyspringbreak

Jack Hall: Evacuate everyone south of this line.

VP Becker: What about the NE and Mid Atlantic forums?

Jack Hall: It's too late for them. Besides, most of them suck.

Hopefully, it works out as well as his guaranteed eastern winter storm on February 22nd.

Ha! No kidding. Was that the one where the low was going to have to track to the east because there was no way that it was physically possible for it to run into the -NAO and the 50/50?

To make guarantees with the weather is just silly.....oh wait.... :)

Ha! No kidding. Was that the one where the low was going to have to track to the east because there was no way that it was physically possible for it to run into the -NAO and the 50/50?

To make guarantees with the weather is just silly.....oh wait.... :)

Yes, it was.

Let's also remember the time he canceled the Christmas/Boxing Day Storm the day before it happened.  That was an epic failure.

Too bad we're in NC. All he cares about is hyoing stuff for the MA and NE to get people to pay him money.

LOL. 

Always remember this when it comes to DT. This is on the day of the storm too. Mount Airy ended up with nothing.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/740785_471457219568208_651668972_o.jpg

This is what he said.

First of all,  the ECMWF  ensembles are in  and continue to  show drama.  I am going to be frank. If we dont see a major eastern storm before  the winter breaks, and I am talking along the lines of a newsmaking event that shuts down roads from the interior Carolinas to the  DC to PHL  area, I am going to be terribly disappointed

I think he is more excited about the potential next week. He has not taken a stand on the storm this weekend. Usually in these situations he is waiting for the northern branch energy to get better sampled.

That makes sense. I'm just messing around anyway. I thought his choice of words was funny. Thanks for sharing the info, by the way.

I don't get JB's update from last night, he isn't buying the low up north over the lakes splitting and phasing with the southern piece of energy, but he mentions blizzard of 88 which I assume is a big NE winter storm.  There isn't going to be a big bomb unless the splitting occurs.  But than he goes into say this could be the first of 2 or 3 attempts at snow in the MA states.  He did say he liked what the 0z control run had, which would have been yesterday mornings control run, I don't recall what it showed.

Archived