12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Stuffing and Snow - Late November Banter and Obs

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodmorning! First morning without frost in a long time, looking forward to this weekends snow squalls and next weeks 4-8 inches of snow!

From simple math to Kevin-esque forecasting in a span of 10 days:

Absolutely gorgeous morning! Snow pile hanging on by a thread.......over 700 volunteers have signed up to meet at Jennings Beach for the cleanup today!!! Heading down there in a bit to drop off over 200 garbage bags and gloves we are donating. That departure at BOS will be wiped out by the end of the month, just simple math.

Euro looked boring.

Both methods need some revisions.

LOL on the folks using a 7 day prog today but telling Kev not to yesterday. Anyways Cold Front, front end dump for you? followed by drizzle?

Not with that 0z euro run, It would be backside, But i never see backside snow here we down slope, But like you said, It's 7 days out, still time for more shifts, But right now its going the wrong way

Sunshine still rains down in SW CT.

This is like what 10 days of sun and 47-52? Just amazing and more of the same on the way, low to mid 50s the next three days and nothing but sun. Very cool inversions, strong high pressure almost intermountain west kind of stuff, although you guys have had the north east winds.

With that low day 6 to day 7...you can see the -NAO hasn't quite established it's influence...so it has an opportunity to cut. It still may not, but it's a concern. Also, there's a lot of northern stream energy out west...which has some opportunity to partially phase with the system....amplifying the pattern and warming the northeast. This amplification was really apparent on the 06z gfs.

This is like what 10 days of sun and 47-52? Just amazing and more of the same on the way, low to mid 50s the next three days and nothing but sun. Very cool inversions, strong high pressure almost intermountain west kind of stuff, although you guys have had the north east winds.

There is a chance of departures -2.5 or better here at BOS if the ensembles are right. A true cutter would probably diminish that, but if we indeed get that, it will be the most impressive departure possibly since Dec 2010 if it works out. I'll give Kevin and the KFS props for that if it happens.

Really? ORH is -1.5 with a couple above normal days, couple below, then a cutter. Other stations are -2.5, we can look at the facts at the end of the month:)

Yea I forgot that ORH had lows at 32 while the rest of us were in the low mid 20's but judging by the next ten days I would say they will be solidly below for the month. Nice to see the country wide streak broke last month.

Really? ORH is -1.5 with a couple above normal days, couple below, then a cutter. Other stations are -2.5, we can look at the facts at the end of the month:)

The EC ensembles if anything would increase or maintain negative departures through the end of the month. Neutral anomalies through day 5, then -2 to -3C 850 anomalies from day 5 to day 10.

Well he is cherry picking numbers because the interior high elevations had the least numerical departures which isn't a surprise. However, you have to remember what it looked like 3 weeks ago. It looked ugly and I thought we would be pretty mild. I never thought BOS would be -2.6. I would have said no way. So, when you think of it in those terms, it's impressive.

Well he is cherry picking numbers because the interior high elevations had the least numerical departures which isn't a surprise. However, you have to remember what it looked like 3 weeks ago. It looked ugly and I thought we would be pretty mild. I never thought BOS would be -2.6. I would have said no way. So, when you think of it in those terms, it's impressive.

more boring -2.6 departure ever run?

lol

This storm that some of y'all are worried about cutting inland is quite important for moving the -NAO block west and setting up the Dec 5-10 time frame. I say let the bastard cut inland, take your mix (or rain for me) if you're lucky and hope for the best down the road.

Archived