Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Stuffing and Snow - Late November Banter and Obs

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed Stowe? Any natural snow up there yet besides the north slope of Mansfield?

yeah dude, it's a different world up here. Only the north facing sides of the higher mountains have snow...not just Mansfield but it looks like the other summits have some as well. I imagine the scenes will look a bit more wintry after this weekend though. I like the vibe of this town, definitely a lot of cool people floating around who share similar interests. I met up with Powderfreak before and we hung out for a while...cool dude.

yeah dude, it's a different world up here. Only the north facing sides of the higher mountains have snow...not just Mansfield but it looks like the other summits have some as well. I imagine the scenes will look a bit more wintry after this weekend though. I like the vibe of this town, definitely a lot of cool people floating around who share similar interests. I met up with Powderfreak before and we hung out for a while...cool dude.

Sweet!

Its great up there, tried to talk my wife into selling the house and moving up there but shes not going for it right now, Id do it tomorrow if she was ok with it.

imagine if you were in stowe for an upslope pounding...

That will mean for NNE whiffs if you're up there.

ohmy.png Boating in jan that year

I climbed Mt. Wachusett that year on January 6th...the slopes were closed. It was nearing 70F that day...probably like 66F. I know the CP hit 70F that day. Only time they have ever been closed in the month of January since snow making has been there.

I climbed Mt. Wachusett that year on January 6th...the slopes were closed. It was nearing 70F that day...probably like 66F. I know the CP hit 70F that day. Only time they have ever been closed in the month of January since snow making has been there.

Yeah Will, The start to that winter is probably the worst i had seen, Even some of the bad ones in the 80's were not a torch like that was

Decent recovery though.

Back loaded, But it really was no good at that point up here, By the time there was sufficient ice here, It was to late with all the weight of the snow, It forced the water up on to the ice underneath and cancelled just about every winter carnival and ice fishing derby up here

Archived