joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Banter/Complaint Thread

Jmister

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 47 years old and I can only remember 5 storms where I've seen 15 inches or more. To say that 17 inches, in NYC no less, is hardly historic, is absurd...

I actually don't think 17" is historic in NYC, though it's close... all of its top 10 storms have had 18"+. This one will very likely make that list.

And today I'm enjoying my little coating while Philly is about to get raked less than 100 miles away, with 18+ if the high-res NAM is right  :)

I missed it... what was it about?

Somebody on the Pennsylvania Storm Chasers posted and ask where S&S Facebook page was, someone came on and said the took the page down because people were busting their chops for a blown forecast. Some guy comes on and said thats not why, its because of this....and posted a court document from December...Oh my!

Somebody on the Pennsylvania Storm Chasers posted and ask where S&S Facebook page was, someone came on and said the took the page down because people were busting their chops for a blown forecast. Some guy comes on and said thats not why, its because of this....and posted a court document from December...Oh my!

Found it!!!

Their forecasts (or should I say model reading) don't bother me, it's the attitude and how they treat actual meteorologists.

Thats what i said Chris. Last year these guys and their cult like following were in full on attack mode with the local mets, which is wrong. Sure everyone complains about them :) but come on ya know!

Why on earth will this godforsaken pattern NOT CHANGE? Incredible that it's going to be in the 60's, 70, and perhaps even some 80's in the Great Plains and Rocky Mountain states, and here we are locked into this cold and ****ty pattern here. Dammit, why can't we get a prolonged period of mild weather like that???

post-317-0-21102900-1423303432_thumb.jpg

I'm sick of the whole thing at this point. For me though, it doesn't have as much to do with the lack of snowfall, it's the persistance of the pattern as a whole. The west is so warm that Denver has become the new Phoenix, and it doesn't look to change anytime soon. Looking at this morning's temps nationwide, it's in the mid 40's in Montana. It's 15 here.

The 6z GFS doesn't give me any hope either. The same warm west, cold east pattern persistes through the whole run.

It's almost comical how bad this setup is. Rain followed by meaningless snow showers then extreme cold...lol.

Yet Williamsport has a 7" snowpack and is easily beating climo this year. 

Some of us further south have had weeks of brown grass, obnoxious cold, and then warmups right when the precip arrived.

Archived