Banter/Complaint Thread

Jmister

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but Ji is right.

Warm and wet, cold and dry. 

oh well

If you said to Ji "Leesburg will now get the same amount of snow as Pittsburgh, including this year so far, but the catch is you have to give up your first born to adoption" Ji's reply would be "hold on, let me see if I can talk my wife into it."

If you said to Ji "Leesburg will now get the same amount of snow as Pittsburgh, including this year so far, but the catch is you have to give up your first born to adoption" Ji's reply would be "hold on, let me see if I can talk my wife into it."

LOL !

All kidding aside, what I was concerned about seems to be happening.

At least, here in Pgh, we wasted a decent Nov/Dec pattern of cool and wet weather.

Way too much rain for getting favorable storm tracks.

Now we'll probably 1-2" our way to our annual 40" total.

But this winter could have been much better.

Yeah, I'm gonna say it, and I don't give a f*ck who dislikes it :

Winter is over, welcome to the High Plains.

When you're always kicking field goals inside the red zone, most of the time you lose.

Wake me up in Jan 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

It is my 7th winter in State College, having left from the Philly area and to see them get another major storm with us getting fringed makes me so angry!

I cannot believe how many 10+" events they have seen since the 2007/8 winter...what have we seen? One? (2/5/10). Just crazy.

And I know that as soon as I move back to that area there will be nothing but inland runners that dump snow in Central PA and windy rain in PHL!

I'm going to drive to the shore for the second time this year to my moms house in Monmouth county because for whatever reason Monmouth county is storm jackpot since like 2009 it seems. Central and NEPA can't catch a break. I don't remember storms like this when I lived at the shore and areas nw got shafted as much back in the 90s and 2000s.

I an joining in on the complaints.   Another  1-3 inch "storm" for my area.  If it over performs we get 2-4 inches....Big flip.  We have over 30 inches for the year and I dont think anything over 4 inches on the ground at one time,   My brother lives in Middletown, freaking DE and about to get his 3rd major storm, expecting 6-10 or more while imby we keep nickle and dimeing our way to above season average snow probably by the end of the week.  I have not had to use a snow shovel yet this year, and not expecting to have to use one after this "storm".   I have a snow pusher with wheels that I use for our small snows.  Give me 3 6-10 inch storms as opposed to 20 1-2 inch "storms" any day.  Glad I could rant!  :weenie:

I need it, lol. I hate these I 95 storms more than anything and since when did the southern tier turn into a snowbelt!!!!

I thought I was the only one who had this mindset. We get snow then proceed to have it rained away 2-3 days later. 3rd year in a row I have grass showing the end of January. Good news though is now I can get all the bull crap cold but no snow. It will warm up enough to rain again. Tired of hearing "looks to be Albany/Catskills south is going to see the brunt of this storm"

Lol don't get me started on the cold. It makes you wonder if some ppl have to pay the heating bill the way they cheerlead. Up here I've just came to the mindset that we are in a horrible spit for dynamic snows and maybe I should move to south jersey haha.

Even here is bad. Not as bad as where you are, but still bad. My gripe with this one. We get the bitter cold that everyone else does, and most likely worse, over the next few weeks, but the snow? Forget about it. That's for I-95.

Even here is bad. Not as bad as where you are, but still bad. My gripe with this one. We get the bitter cold that everyone else does, and most likely worse, over the next few weeks, but the snow? Forget about it. That's for I-95.

And as I said yesterday, it used to be that even the storms for I-95 would also be storms for us...used to be even if they got like 20" we'd still be good for like a 9-14" event or so...PD2 was 15" here for example. Now you either have to get the razor-thin 8-12"+ zone or you're screwed - and it always sets up along the 95 corridor anymore.

And as I said yesterday, it used to be that even the storms for I-95 would also be storms for us...used to be even if they got like 20" we'd still be good for like a 9-14" event or so...PD2 was 15" here for example. Now you either have to get the razor-thin 8-12"+ zone or you're screwed - and it always sets up along the 95 corridor anymore.

It seems that lately the best place to live if you want a shot at seeing 10 inches of snow (or more) is to the south and east of these interstates. I-81 to I-78 to I-95.

Best chances: I-81 to I-76 to I-95.

It seems that lately the best place to live if you want a shot at seeing 10 inches of snow (or more) is to the south and east of these interstates. I-81 to I-78 to I-95.

Best chances: I-81 to I-76 to I-95.

I agree and there is almost no denying it. If you want nuisances that are a pain in the butt to drive in and clean up regularly live here. If you want a nice all out snowstorm live along I 95 from Philly to Boston.

I feel for you guys...i really do.

One thing I found comical was in the southeast forum yesterday. I guess at one point South Carolina and Georgia were in line for snow. Once it became obvious it wasn't going to, they started griping about Boston stealing their snow. Um...it's supposed to snow more in Boston than it is in Savannah.

It's also supposed to snow in your locales, which is kind of my point.

• 2 weeks later...

Lancaster gets buried constantly while our ski resorts in N Central can't buy a natural snow.

Philly gets buried constantly while our ski resorts in the Poconos can't buy a natural snow.

Sorry, I couldn't resist, but it's the same situation here in the east as well. I wonder when the natural order of things returns, and we get into a more climatologically "proper" winter pattern where the mountains get more snow than I-95 and the Mason-Dixon Line?

Archived