joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Banter/Complaint Thread

Jmister

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually would be in here making repeated posts now about how south PA, 95, etc etc always get nailed while we're fringing, blah blah blah. But at this point, I just seem to be greeting this with a meh...and it's not just my plans for Saturday (though it may play a part).

I have reason to be upset as a weather enthusiast, sure. I wanted to give model PBP a shot, I got SV not just for that but to also finally see all the advanced images and EURO like so many on here. To throw down a quick $20 and then go from a potential big storm to now the umpteenth fringe job would definitely be annoying. 

But it's just...I guess I'm starting to get numb to it. It keeps happening that you pretty much expect it. I will probably be more upset if NYC gets nailed and we get fringed (the double gut-punch I referenced a couple times), but meh. I think I'm just hitting that point that I know it's coming so it really doesn't bother me like it used to. Not to mention this winter has been hellbent on squashing any threat for snow, the arctic frontal snows we received last week being the exception. So, I don't know. Maybe I will be using this thread to vent about this storm delivering a double blow, but maybe I'm just finally reaching the point where it doesn't faze me anymore; a point I probably should have been at years ago.

I usually would be in here making repeated posts now about how south PA, 95, etc etc always get nailed while we're fringing, blah blah blah. But at this point, I just seem to be greeting this with a meh...and it's not just my plans for Saturday (though it may play a part).

I have reason to be upset as a weather enthusiast, sure. I wanted to give model PBP a shot, I got SV not just for that but to also finally see all the advanced images and EURO like so many on here. To throw down a quick $20 and then go from a potential big storm to now the umpteenth fringe job would definitely be annoying. 

But it's just...I guess I'm starting to get numb to it. It keeps happening that you pretty much expect it. I will probably be more upset if NYC gets nailed and we get fringed (the double gut-punch I referenced a couple times), but meh. I think I'm just hitting that point that I know it's coming so it really doesn't bother me like it used to. Not to mention this winter has been hellbent on squashing any threat for snow, the arctic frontal snows we received last week being the exception. So, I don't know. Maybe I will be using this thread to vent about this storm delivering a double blow, but maybe I'm just finally reaching the point where it doesn't faze me anymore; a point I probably should have been at years ago.

I truly do feel for you man. I mean, climate dictates that you should get more snow, much more snow, on average than I do. And yet so many times over the past 5-6 years it's been one frustration after another up that way. Glad to see you're dealing with this okay. And I agree with the others above, it's been awesome having model PBP in our little subforum. Thank you very much!

I'm so nervous about this one. I can't help but get the feeling it's going to be the same scenario as in past big events. While I get my 2-4 inches, I'm going to be seeing post like:

"omg. it's puking snow"

"holy crap" thundersnow"

"Jesus, I've never seen it snow so hard"

Just once, ONCE, I'd like to be able to share in the excitement of an historic storm, instead of reading about from 100 miles south and/or east of me.

I'm so nervous about this one. I can't help but get the feeling it's going to be the same scenario as in past big events. While I get my 2-4 inches, I'm going to be seeing post like:

"omg. it's puking snow"

"holy crap" thundersnow"

Just once, ONCE, I'd like to be able to share in the excitement of an historic storm, instead of reading about from 100 miles south and/or east of me.

hahahah....this is funny!....I think you'll be in it voyager-still more than 48 hours out and more time to move north!

"omg. it's puking snow"

"holy crap" thundersnow"

Haaaaaa. So much this. I'll have light snow with muted sunshine.

Haaaaaa. So much this. I'll have light snow with muted sunshine.

Been there, done that...

I'll say one thing though. I don't ever want to hear those guys in the Mid Atlantic b**ch about another bad storm where they go over to rain after only getting an inch. How many times in the past 7 years have they cashed in while we sat nearly high and dry?

Been there, done that...

I'll say one thing though. I don't ever want to hear those guys in the Mid Atlantic b**ch about another bad storm where they go over to rain after only getting an inch. How many times in the past 7 years have they cashed in while we sat nearly high and dry?

How many times have us in pa two days out been modeled to get 8+ inches, only to see the freezing line go to Syracuse and change us all to slop after 2 inches?

I can't stand the MA POSTERS ...one was saying he would be let down if he got a foot.

Funny. I was looking at some of the larger snowstorms in previous years prior to 2009-10 on NESIS. Most of the larger events of the past 50 years (March 1960, 1961, 1964, 1978, 1983, 1993, 1996, PD 2, etc.) had a significantly larger areal coverage of 10" of snow or more that encompassed multiple states including much of PA. Higher totals were generally more expansive. So historically, this recent phenomenon of consistently very little snow in places like NE and Central PA for every storm is very unusual. I'm interested in what is causing it. It seems to be a recent recurring pattern much like the constant heartbreaks of the 1970s and 1980s.

How many times have us in pa two days out been modeled to get 8+ inches, only to see the freezing line go to Syracuse and change us all to slop after 2 inches?

I can't stand the MA POSTERS ...one was saying he would be let down if he got a foot.

On a similar note, it's also funny to hear NYC area posters complain about "only" getting 9-12" from last January. Waaaaaaaaaah you didn't get 20". I wish I could get 6".

here is the thing, the snow doesn't know where it fell or where it is going to fall. with that said, being on the edge like this really sucks devil dogs. IF someone south of us sneezes just at the right time, we can get a foot or more. what do I think? the storm slide up 50 miles and we get an eight inch snowfall..........

I find the MA crowd to be highly entertaining. Sometimes I literally LOL at some of them. And they have one of if not the best met in the entire forum in Wes. It's just fun for me to go in and read...so many personalities. 

Having said that...I really wish they'd get over their themselves getting so hostile when people from other forums post in their threads. It bothers me how ignorant some of them act at times. And, that can lead to making others want to gloat when they get hosed. 

I find the MA crowd to be highly entertaining. Sometimes I literally LOL at some of them. And they have one of if not the best met in the entire forum in Wes. It's just fun for me to go in and read...so many personalities. 

Having said that...I really wish they'd get over their themselves getting so hostile when people from other forums post in their threads. It bothers me how ignorant some of them act at times. And, that can lead to making others want to gloat when they get hosed. 

Really? What are they? A cult? Speaking of posting in another forum's thread... :P   With all this talk about you guys getting a nice storm this weekend, I had to come check out my PA roots. Looks like my little hometown of Willow Street in Lancaster County is going to get hit pretty hard!

Really? What are they? A cult? Speaking of posting in another forum's thread... :P   With all this talk about you guys getting a nice storm this weekend, I had to come check out my PA roots. Looks like my little hometown of Willow Street in Lancaster County is going to get hit pretty hard!

Yes indeed! Your little town off 222 is going to get destroyed. 

Archived