Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Put Super Storm Sandy pics vids in here

Ginx snewx

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reported this yesterday, but here's the miracle tree that fell in the most perfect place next to my house. It was a hemlock that was between my house and the road and it broke off at the base and landed without blocking the road or hitting my house. It fell in a pretty tight space. It could have blocked the road and the power to our neighborhood or badly damaged the house if things had been different.

I know this doesn't compare to places south of me, but to me, it's still miraculous! The Lord works in mysterious ways!

One of my employees went to Misquamicut today, absolute war zone, buildings washed away, surge 1/2 mile inland. This is Paddys Beach, you might remember the web cams I have posted of a long beach with a beautiful view. Destroyed. The huge Andrea Hotel which with stood Hurricane Carol in 1954 has been condemned. Sad times for some good friends, including a former boss and her sister who own homes there. Ironic that Sandys Lighthouse Bar, owned by my friend Sandy was hit hard. Sandy destroyed by Sandy

191cf9877dec79754da71dc5ac93bb3c.jpg

Thanks Matt, for those who do not know, that is Atlantic Ave, the destroyed blue building is Paddys, the Interior shots are the Andrea Hotel. Looks to me knowing how high the Andrea sat up on Rocks and a dune that the surge and waves were 30 feet above normal with the surge 8-10 ft

Amazing pics! Glad to see the carousel building still standing.

The arrow on the right is my former Executive Directors, now retired, summer house, it sat on 14 foot stilts above the sand, about 150 yards from the Ocean and looks relatively Ok, she is going down there todayIt appears the sand is now about 6 feet below what used to be a deck and stairs..Down the road sat her sisters house which is destroyed. Building on a barrier beach is fraught with danger.The second picture the next to last house closest to you you see is her sisters house, she was our former director of retail, now retired Her business was also destroyed.. The picture below this one was taken as Hurricane Bill approached from the sand in front of my former Directors house about 100 yards from the water edge which was extremely high from Bill to give you perspective of how high the water rose and judging by the first picture still is high.

Archived