Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Consolation Super Clipper Discussion 12/21 threat

weathervswife

Well, its time to focus on this one.

84 hour NAM looks juicy for this threat....6z GFS looked promising before it broke it apart once it hit the mountains

what makes us think the mountains wont break apart the NAM threat. The mountains have been screwing us like this for years

a nickle and dime winter almost as good as getting multiple hecs!

In all seriousness, nickles and dimes with sustained cold works for me. I love a blockbuster as much as anyone, but when it melts in a few days (as has happened numerous times), I'm disappointed. As long as the ground stays white, I'm happy.

In all seriousness, nickles and dimes with sustained cold works for me. I love a blockbuster as much as anyone, but when it melts in a few days (as has happened numerous times), I'm disappointed. As long as the ground stays white, I'm happy.

i can see your point though y-days snow should be mostly gone by the end of today or tomorrow here at least. im much more into the pre-game and actual event than the post-game though... snow on the ground over a period of time isnt that important to me.

i can see your point though y-days snow should be mostly gone by the end of today or tomorrow here at least. im much more into the pre-game and actual event than the post-game though... snow on the ground over a period of time isnt that important to me.

When I get home in 2 hours, I expect my neighborhood to still look pretty wintry. This is how it looks right now from my window in Crystal City.

post-354-0-16422800-1292612154.jpg

post-354-0-96960600-1292612194.jpg

The grassy area in the first photo looks the same as it looked yesterday afternoon and this morning. No significant melting. In the second photo, notice the DCA tower in the background.

At my home in western Fairfax County, the grass was completely covered yesterday. I may see a few blades when I get home, but it should still be snow covered.

I second this post emphatically. Big, huge snows like last year are cool about once every 10 years. They are too much work, too many headaches. If I can have 80 inches this year like last year, I would love 26, 3 inch events. I know that would never happen, but you get my point.

The grassy area in the first photo looks the same as it looked yesterday afternoon and this morning. No significant melting. In the second photo, notice the DCA tower in the background.

At my home in western Fairfax County, the grass was completely covered yesterday. I may see a few blades when I get home, but it should still be snow covered.

yeah i was just out and there is more snow still than i would have thought. i know snowcover is a metric for many, but in the city snow gets gross quick so i dont mind it disappearing.

Archived