• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Sandy OBS

SquatchinNY

OMG Earthlight...your picture just made me shed a tear.

The shore, the beloved jersey shore, from belmar to asbury park, will be rearranged. This is something I don't want to see. it just made it all real. I hope Convention Hall in Asbury can survive this. let alone all the homes on ocean avenue, my friends and familys homes in Belmar.

Truly freightening. I don't care if it's from this storm or not, it just put it into perspective.

59881_10100139583700002_580944930_n.jpg

Shark River Inlet

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That reminds me of Ike too

This is the point that Strat747 was trying to make earlier in the sub forum. Long fetch winds and the size of the windfield along with several high tide cycles above normal need to be taken seriously. Good luck everyone and do not under estimate the surge potential with this storm.

Back home in Monmouth County for the storm. Everything closed down in PHL area for the next couple days.

56F with highest wind gust of 23mph so far in Colts Neck.

welcome home. Should be a wild 48 hours for us. I'm considering putting duct tape across my windows that face the south and east just in case they break.

Was supposed to fly out to indianapolis today but the return flights were already being cancelled. Boss recommend I stay so I'm not stuck in an airport for two days. LaGuardia was a mess- the security lines were massive, wrapping around the inside of the terminal. I'm going to be staying in Astoria till further notice.

I noticed wind picking up last night and now with a steady 15+ mph wind.

You'll feel it more obviously if you're out in the open. Might head down to Astoria park by the water with my go-pro tomorrow.

It's been spritzing (not even a drizzle) for about an hour now.

Just went for a run along the East River, some notes:

- I was about 2 hrs past low tide and it looked like high tide along the river

- winds were REALLY picking up right along the water, 25-35 mph

- there are some boats in the marina at 23rd St that look pretty vulnerable

- it's weird to see people evacuating high rises along the river

Archived