Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS Thread for PHL area : Sandy / Post Trop Phase

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds howling here in NW Chesco finally lost power here at 825pm - amazing considering I live in the woods. Fortunately auto generator kicked in 10 seconds after outtage and I am back on. High wind gust so far was 37 but I am in a sheltered spot but I can hear the roar in the trees and have heard some branches hitting the house.

My station in Sea Isle City has never lost power and just reported a gust at 43mph

Temp here 55.7

Wow the wind is just ripping again here in central DE. Now coming out of the SW. It looks like the southern edge of the eyewall is right around Dover, DE and i'm just south of there by a few miles (depending on what deldot considers as their Dover marker on their radar)

http://www.deldot.gov/public.ejs?command=PublicWeatherDisplay

Power's out here in Macungie PA. Barometer says 27.9" but I'm at 1000 ft. I let the dog out for a sec and it really smells like the ocean here. Weird.

I live to your southwest on the ridge near Seisholtzville........I saw the flashes up your way as your power went out. I'm amazed I still have power. What do you think the wind is gusting to around here? Sounds scary!

They could be.. This is where more power outages could occur as the winds will now be coming out of the south. Just checking the NWS, the high wind warning continues for South Jersey for damaging winds of 50 to 60mph with gusts to 80mph. Plus, if you check the radar more bands showing up just off the Jersey shore. Those probably contain more damaging winds.

So, expect very strong to damaging winds overnight.

You think these will be anywheres near what we just went through or worse?

Archived