• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Daily-post limited

Riptide

I'm somewhat agitated at this point in my time on amwx. Are 5-post restrictions permanent? I'm asking this because I've been 5-posted for over a year now without any good reasoning. I was reluctant to make an appeal until now because I did not care. It has come to my attention that fellow posters assume i'm a low quality poster because my profile is daily-limited. This greatly upsets me, especially on a board defined by fairness and equality Just remove the damn thing so I can go about my life on amwx without being harassed.

Also, i've contacted mods and admins several times in the past about this issue without response. I don't even post that often anyways and prefer to lurk (immersing myself in rich discussion). After being on Easternuswx and several other weather forums; I'm just asking for an apology and a return of my member status. I have donated to this board and believe it is a great community and I intend on enriching the discussion that occurs here.

I'm somewhat agitated at this point in my time on amwx. Are 5-post restrictions permanent? I'm asking this because I've been 5-posted for over a year now without any good reasoning. I was reluctant to make an appeal until now because I did not care. It has come to my attention that fellow posters assume i'm a low quality poster because my profile is daily-limited. This greatly upsets me, especially on a board defined by fairness and equality Just remove the damn thing so I can go about my life on amwx without being harassed.

Also, i've contacted mods and admins several times in the past about this issue without response. I don't even post that often anyways and prefer to lurk (immersing myself in rich discussion). After being on Easternuswx and several other weather forums; I'm just asking for an apology and a return of my member status. I have donated to this board and believe it is a great community and I intend on enriching the discussion that occurs here.

seems to be a very repetitive problem for a lot of people, but I'm not sure how much of that comes down to people just being busy. Hopefully someone sees this and can help you out.

Let a member of staff know. Five posting is usually not permanent. In fact, when I was on staff, I have never known someone to be permanently five posted.

Speaking of which, the same problem has happened to me. I was 5-posted, I have contacted an admin multiple times, and not received a response. How long is the 5-posting supposed to last? For me it's going on two months now.

Run off to margeland........I'm sure your buddy MRG will let you post all you want, including flat-out lies about me.

Anthony should start a self help program-- I was 5 posted and OVERCAME it, and SO can YOU!

:lol:

Well, Anthony(Snow88) is one of my favorite posters and is almost a legend in the SNE subforum. Thanks for understanding, I hope this thread allows many others to have their 5-post situation reevaluated.

:)

Interesting. I am as low quality ... low budget ... low rent as a poster can get and I am not 5 posted. With that being said, I am sorry for your pain.

I've been 5 posted for months as well. The mods in the NYC subforum got together and 5 posted a bunch of posters without warning. In any event, I think those that read my posts agree that they are of good quality. If they were trying to make me think more before posting, well that has worked. It's very frustrating however to be on the horizon of perhaps the biggest weather story in history for my region and being post limited when in fact I have lots of quality information and data to add.

I too have contacted several mods and admins without a response. This post is a last ditch effort to get the 5 post limitation removed.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be offered.

P.S. I also made a donation to the site yesterday yet my profile doesn't show up as a donator, why is this?

I've been 5 posted for months as well. The mods in the NYC subforum got together and 5 posted a bunch of posters without warning. In any event, I think those that read my posts agree that they are of good quality. If they were trying to make me think more before posting, well that has worked. It's very frustrating however to be on the horizon of perhaps the biggest weather story in history for my region and being post limited when in fact I have lots of quality information and data to add.

I too have contacted several mods and admins without a response. This post is a last ditch effort to get the 5 post limitation removed.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be offered.

P.S. I also made a donation to the site yesterday yet my profile doesn't show up as a donator, why is this?

They'll have to shut off the LPF, Lame Poster Filter, via IP Board. IP Board has it as a default feature to prevent their product from being used by trolls, pedophiles, terrible weather posters, whiny sports fans, and other lowlifes. I am sure Wow or Dendrite can work on that.

Archived