• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Ohio and surrounding states (Let's talk winter!)

Steve

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read it earlier today and it describes it perfectly here now, 'pourin' snow!'

Man, when I went to bed I was so dissapointed b/c I wouldnt be able to see most of the accumulating snow. It was definitely pouring snow when I hit the hay at about 10:30ish. I didn't measure, but from the naked eye it looked like an easy 5-6 inches. Kudos to the NWS on this one for sticking to there 5-8 call.

Can anyone confirm CMH's total of 6.9" ? It seems awfully suspect. They are currently reporting a snow depth of 4" at 7 am but 6.9" of new snow. If it stopped snowing at 5:30 am at CMH and they measured 6.9" of snow, how could the snow depth have decreased to 4" an hour and a half later? It seems like one of those numbers is off or CMH is using a "unique" measuring technique.

Can anyone confirm CMH's total of 6.9" ? It seems awfully suspect. They are currently reporting a snow depth of 4" at 7 am but 6.9" of new snow. If it stopped snowing at 5:30 am at CMH and they measured 6.9" of snow, how could the snow depth have decreased to 4" an hour and a half later? It seems like one of those numbers is off or CMH is using a "unique" measuring technique.

Temperatures have been near or above freezing, so melting has been ocurring.  Plus it was a heavy, wet snow to begin with, so the depth was never going to equate to the total.  Other locations near and in the county had 6"+, so it doesn't seem suspicious to me. 

BTW, this snowfall should put the 2012-2013 season near or in the top 25 for seasonal snowfall, which is kind of crazy considering that it's not been even remotely cold as a winter.

A couple of hours of moderate to heavy snow and a couple of slushy inches (which promptly began to melt) and the storm is done. And most likely the winter season is done here too.

I'm ready for Spring. :whistle:

Yeah...ready for spring..storm pretty much sucked for us!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived