• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Ohio and surrounding states (Let's talk winter!)

Steve

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, if I had to 'ala carte' the models, I'd go with the gfs for the weekend and the ggem for mon/tues.   I'd pass on the euro.

GEM looks lovely for Monday :wub:

Here is my snowfall forecast for the weekend and beyond: 

http://www.examiner.com/list/winter-weather-advisory-multiple-rounds-of-snow-heading-for-columbus

ILN actually got their act together with an advisory before 4 pm today! lol

http://www.examiner.com/list/winter-weather-advisory-multiple-rounds-of-snow-heading-for-columbus

Something that really irritates me about ILN is that they issue a 1pm discussion that offers nothing new.   Then they are always the last to issue the new AFD which often comes well after 4 or 430 when all other offices have put out theirs.

Nice call...agree with the general 2-4". Will be a very fluffy snow and if some moderate snow rates can be realized someone may jackpot to 5 or 6" across the southern/eastern part of the state, especially given the almost 24 hour duration.

Monday and Tuesday look interesting...more risk to track to our north although with good upper level confluence to our NE and not much shift in the polar vortex location between Saturday and Tuesday...the PV itself will shift east a bit but the location of the troughing won't change...if anything will give the clipper a little more room to amplify...which may increase bust risk across the far south but also increases the chances for some local 3-4" amounts with each clipper Monday-Tuesday...for now I'd assume 2-4" weekend and 1-2" with both clippers early next week and adjust as we get closer...either way a lot of locales stand a shot at seeing over 6" over the next several days except for extreme SW OH where there is a higher risk of seeing very little with the Monday-Tuesday systems.

Eh, I think radar looks okay.  It was never supposed to be a huge event and returns are pretty solid back through northern Indiana.  There's also stuff moving south from Michigan.  Those should all wrap around through the area followed by a bit of lake enhanced snowshowers.  Most locations should be within the forecast range all said and done, I think.

Eh, I think radar looks okay. It was never supposed to be a huge event and returns are pretty solid back through northern Indiana. There's also stuff moving south from Michigan. Those should all wrap around through the area followed by a bit of lake enhanced snowshowers. Most locations should be within the forecast range all said and done, I think.

I'm working near youngstown and its just hammering the snow here.

Got about a inch here, about what expected. I think the next one could produce more 2-3 inch amounts.

I haven't done an official measurement but I'm guessing an inch here.  ILN extended the advisory to midnite, saying another 1.5" could fall tonight.  We'll see.  Overall a disappointment so far.  Honestly if the temp was 5 degrees warmer this wouldn't have accumulated at all because it was light snow all day, small flakes.  Not sure what happened, maybe dry air held on??    But snowfall never hit moderate rate here all day.     We probably have about 2" on the ground.

Monday night looks.... intriguing.

Solid snow now with visibility around 3/4 miles. Radar looks good for a few more hours of this.

Disagree on the radar. This thing is moving due east. Id say an hour, maybe 2 at best. Just a shame it cant start moving northeast, we'd be in the sweet spot. But looking like 3" will be the number for my neck of the woods

Disagree on the radar. This thing is moving due east. Id say an hour, maybe 2 at best. Just a shame it cant start moving northeast, we'd be in the sweet spot. But looking like 3" will be the number for my neck of the woods

Looks like you're going to do better than me. So far only about 1.5" here. Might pull off 2" before all is said and done.

I was referring to me here in Athens in SE OH...agree that it pulled out of Columubs etc in central OH quicker. Up to around 2" here already, still coming down at a moderate clip with visibility around half a mile but looks like it should start letting up soon.

I was referring to me here in Athens in SE OH...agree that it pulled out of Columubs etc in central OH quicker. Up to around 2" here already, still coming down at a moderate clip with visibility around half a mile but looks like it should start letting up soon.

My bad. I thought youd moved to the columbus area. I ended up getting 3" and now not much on the horizon..

My bad. I thought youd moved to the columbus area. I ended up getting 3" and now not much on the horizon..

Yeah, ended up with about 2.2" here...depth peaked at 4" yesterday evening but is now down to two inches with the above freezing and relatively humid day we saw today. Nothing to get excited about for at least I week I agree. The pattern is beginning to look interesting towards the second half of next week but I haven't looked at that all that closely yet.

Thoughts on the beast in the east? Could be on of the biggest winter storms ever if some of these totals come to fruition.

GFS and NAM actually have zanesville (35 miles south of me) pretty close to being snow for the system moving over to the EC. Wouldn't be much but 2-3" I guess it's something small to watch.

Any of you ohio guys wanna go to mass? Leaving tonight. Split it 4 ways. Shouldn't be more than 250 per person. Heading to watch this storm. I want to see with my own eyes a sample of what 1978 was like and this is my chance.

oh hell I love snow...but I love it in mby.   I can't imagine road tripping except for maybe a historic 4'+LES event within a 3 hr drive, assuming I had absolutely nothing else to do, and even then it would be a stretch.  

Family is from R.I. so I've made that roadtrip many times....no fking way I'd do it for snow.   If you were around here in March of '08 you already know what a 20"+ snowstorm is like anyways.  Throw another 10" on top of that...factor in the compaction factor and it's probably not that much more exciting.  

oh hell I love snow...but I love it in mby. I can't imagine road tripping except for maybe a historic 4'+LES event within a 3 hr drive, assuming I had absolutely nothing else to do, and even then it would be a stretch.

Family is from R.I. so I've made that roadtrip many times....no fking way I'd do it for snow. If you were around here in March of '08 you already know what a 20"+ snowstorm is like anyways. Throw another 10" on top of that...factor in the compaction factor and it's probably not that much more exciting.

Except the 40mph sustained winds and the 60-70mph gusts. Bigggggg difference in just 20" with no wind

Archived