• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Ohio and surrounding states (Let's talk winter!)

Steve

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went and took a nice long nap just so I could be up for this. If the roads are too bad I will just call off tomorrow. Won't have to call off if CCS close.

Makes me feel like a kid again ...waiting for the listings...Gahanna City Schools...closed. Westerville City Schools...closed. Columbus City Schools...closed!!! Yeah!!! LOL 

I am scared to look at the radar!! WTOD...dry slot..transfer..the usually suspects creep into my head!!

I think we are in a good position (i-70) wrt how this starts to pivot and move east.   That dry slot to the sw should slide under us to the east.    I'm also not too concerned about warm air.   Worse case is we start with a mix...but I think even that is highly unlikely and if it happens, very short-lived.   Everything that fell today was light, and it was in the form of snow.   

I think we are in a good position (i-70) wrt how this starts to pivot and move east.   That dry slot to the sw should slide under us to the east.    I'm also not too concerned about warm air.   Worse case is we start with a mix...but I think even that is highly unlikely and if it happens, very short-lived.   Everything that fell today was light, and it was in the form of snow.   

Yeah if we get half a foot..i would be happy..more would be a bonus!!

Looking at radar it appears that when it gets here it'll be thumping pretty quickly...almost like a thunder storm.

nws PIT   : 

THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL

LIGHTNING STRIKES IN SOME OF THE EMBEDDED CONVECTION ON THE

LEADING EDGE OF PRECIP AHEAD OF THE SURFACE LOW. WHILE LIGHTNING

COVERAGE HAS DECREASED...WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH TO DETERMINE IF

THUNDERSNOW COULD BE POSSIBLE LATER PER THE MOST RECENT SPC MESO

DISCUSSION. RATES WITHIN THIS BAND COULD ALSO WARRANT AN INCREASE

IN SNOW AMOUNTS IN SOME OF OUR SOUTHEASTERN OHIO COUNTIES.

nws PIT :

THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL

LIGHTNING STRIKES IN SOME OF THE EMBEDDED CONVECTION ON THE

LEADING EDGE OF PRECIP AHEAD OF THE SURFACE LOW. WHILE LIGHTNING

COVERAGE HAS DECREASED...WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH TO DETERMINE IF

THUNDERSNOW COULD BE POSSIBLE LATER PER THE MOST RECENT SPC MESO

DISCUSSION. RATES WITHIN THIS BAND COULD ALSO WARRANT AN INCREASE

IN SNOW AMOUNTS IN SOME OF OUR SOUTHEASTERN OHIO COUNTIES.

Nice! Knock on wood, but we look to be in a good spot relative to the pivot point so we may be in at least mod snow for a long time.

wow...you picked up 1.2" today? that damn thing fizzled right over us....we had light flurries all afternoon

It snowed like mad for about two hours. Took a while to stick but it did...about half an inch of slush left. Over to wet snow now but barely. Heavier echoes knocking on my doorstep so we'll see what happens...UNI, about 20 miles to my southwest reporting rain.

Edit: 33 and rain at UNI. Meso-analysis in GR:Earth indicating 850mb temps have slipped back below zero here. The band will pivot like 30 miles to my north, but if it's all snow it could really come down for a little while.

It snowed like mad for about two hours. Took a while to stick but it did...about half an inch of slush left. Over to wet snow now but barely. Heavier echoes knocking on my doorstep so we'll see what happens...UNI, about 20 miles to my southwest reporting rain.

I bet you explosively changeover to snow.  Looks like you have some crazy returns heading for you...thundersnow???

Archived