amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally started to get some rain that counts, after two days of cloudy with scattered light to moderate virga. .2 in the gage now, and steadily coming down. But most importantly it turns out Mole Mojo works on the Falcons!! And that's huge. If it works on the Braves in the playoffs, I might just be on to something near as big as ip/snow, if it works this winter. Go rain, go Birds, go Braves!! T

Very El Nino-ish weather we're having this fall. I had quite a little storm on Saturday which put down at least a couple of inches down in a short amount of time. More wet wx for the next couple of days. High is only 65 today.

Yep there are a lot of areas getting some much needed rainfall. I like the pattern we are going to head into starting in about a week. Things look interesting.

Wahoo!! 2.6 in the bucket after hours of frog throttling, gully busting down pours. Haven't seen rains like that since my 4 inches on July 3rd. Way to go Moles!! I'm hopeful I'll near three before the tap gets past. And now I'm under a tornado watch. Finally fall gets interesting, and out in la la land the magic blue line gets pretty close to Ga.

And now the sun is out momentarily.... T

Man, this low is the gift that keeps on giving. I was way wrong about this storms potential. It is pouring again, and I'm up over 3 inches now since late mid day yesterday. This harkens back to the days of "when".... slow lows with a wide open straw into the gulf. If this winter gives me lots of storms like this, I'll be happy as happy can be. Week after week of days like this, and 33, will eventually lead to a big hit...or two, or three, if the stream is split. Just need them to trend into Fla. when they come out, but throw the buckets full up here, lol. The pop Mole test was an unqualified success!! T

We need these lows to track farther east though. This syatem is going to mostly miss the eastern drought areas of GA and much of the central and eastern Carolinas it looks like.Hopefully this isnt the track we'll see all winter long because if it is you can kiss any snow good bye.

Which is literally right down the hill from us. I need to go this year.

Yes you do :D

Man, this low is the gift that keeps on giving. I was way wrong about this storms potential. It is pouring again, and I'm up over 3 inches now since late mid day yesterday. This harkens back to the days of "when".... slow lows with a wide open straw into the gulf. If this winter gives me lots of storms like this, I'll be happy as happy can be. Week after week of days like this, and 33, will eventually lead to a big hit...or two, or three, if the stream is split. Just need them to trend into Fla. when they come out, but throw the buckets full up here, lol. The pop Mole test was an unqualified success!! T

Wow! Very nice :weight_lift:

I was surprised to only see 1.92" in the bucket after yesterday and today's rains. It is very welcome and one of the wettest storms all year.

That is a sweet total so far :)

We need these lows to track farther east though. This syatem is going to mostly miss the eastern drought areas of GA and much of the central and eastern Carolinas it looks like.Hopefully this isnt the track we'll see all winter long because if it is you can kiss any snow good bye.

Yes we do :pimp:

3.13" total imby. 2.70" today. Very nice

Very, very nice :drunk:

Archived