amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 2012 Obs/Discussion Thread

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, congrats Dsaur! I ended up with 3.65" total- nothing like what you got but awesome nonetheless.

Thanks, Cheez! Yep, it's blowing my mind :) Your 3.65 would have been overwhelming, usually! And I'm glad upstream is getting hit good. I'm really curious to hear from CandyMan, and Delta and others down stream. I haven't seen a tap into the gulf this strong in many years, at least not for this neck of the woods. It used to be a regular occurrence, but then the far N.Ga and Tenn. seemed to get the full shot as most storms these past years have been north loaded. I hope, hope, hope this is a return to the gom low winters of yesteryear :) I'll take flood over drought every time. Tony

5.85 and still pouring. No way I don't get over 6 with this train overhead through the night. Wouldn't be surprised to see close to 7. T

sweeeet! this has been one heck of a rain storm. thundering and lightning with heavy rain still pounding. dog is keeping me awake so i am enjoying the show. hard to see (and not going out in the deluge to check) but over 5" and a bit more heavy rain to go :)

5.85 and still pouring. No way I don't get over 6 with this train overhead through the night. Wouldn't be surprised to see close to 7. T

Very nice. Had a hard time sleeping so checked the rain total to find 5.38" storm total here in Dahlonega. Far more than I thought I would get. Nice training yesterday.

This is going to be another significant rainfall event here along the escarpment in McDowell County...all day Monday was pretty much a heavy drizzle with totals nearing a half inch but over the past 6 hours the rainfall rates have steadily increased and we are running on pure upslope flow right now with an impressive plume back over the French Broad River basin that has barely translated east since about midnight. I think we'll easily end up near 2 inches (storm total) by daylight.

Archived