e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Tuesday/Wednesday Storm

CT Rain

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sw ct shore towns should do well, similiar event a few years back dropped thousands of trees in western fairfield cty, with Greenwich especially hard hit. School was out for days, tons of damage. Trees have all of there leaves, if these gusts are realized around 50-55 should be a fun evening.

Sw ct shore towns should do well, similiar event a few years back dropped thousands of trees in western fairfield cty, with Greenwich especially hard hit. School was out for days, tons of damage. Trees have all of there leaves, if these gusts are realized around 50-55 should be a fun evening.

This event is nothing like that nor'easter. That was in March and it was a 92 style nor'easter that moved slowly with a ripping easterly pgrad.

Just thought that LLJ was pretty low and appears closest in those areas but you guys are probably correct. I know south facing coast will be ripping, plan on taking a trip tomorrow. Groton Long Point to Misquamicut

Yeah around sunset it will be fun along the Sound.

I'm actually a bit concerned about the number of boats in the Sound with people unprepared for storm force winds. It doesn't have a name so the majority of boat owners probably haven't done much if anything. Ripping southerlies can lead to a good deal of wave action too.

This event is nothing like that nor'easter. That was in March and it was a 92 style nor'easter that moved slowly with a ripping easterly pgrad.

Talking about the southerly gale a few years ago, have to look back to the exact event, it was hyper local sw ct special, even western long island did not get hit that hard

Talking about the southerly gale a few years ago, have to look back to the exact event, it was hyper local sw ct special, even western long island did not get hit that hard

I don't recall that one. The only Fairfield Co special was the nor'easter in March that did a tremendous amount of damage from Fairfield through Greenwich.

Yeah around sunset it will be fun along the Sound.

I'm actually a bit concerned about the number of boats in the Sound with people unprepared for storm force winds. It doesn't have a name so the majority of boat owners probably haven't done much if anything. Ripping southerlies can lead to a good deal of wave action too.

Yeah could be some boats washed up for sure.

I don't recall that one. The only Fairfield Co special was the nor'easter in March that did a tremendous amount of damage from Fairfield through Greenwich.

I recall there was a sick LLJ, the wind was literally roaring off the deck, came in massive pulsed gusts, fantastic night.

Hopefully we can gust past 50 if we do, there will be plenty of trees down, especially with a south wind.

I recall there was a sick LLJ, the wind was literally roaring off the deck, came in massive pulsed gusts, fantastic night.

Hopefully we can gust past 50 if we do, there will be plenty of trees down, especially with a south wind.

October 2006? I didn't think there was too much damage in SNE, but maybe you guys got some. That was late month.

October 2006? I didn't think there was too much damage in SNE, but maybe you guys got some. That was late month.

Getting old Scott, I dont remember the exact year.....anyways sw ct shoreline towns are unique huge hardwoods right to the water, quick elevation rise from the water especially in Greenwich up into back country those trees go down really easily, hoping for some fun tomorrow. Though after Irene, and the October snowstorm they have done serious pruning around here.

Archived