Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tuesday/Wednesday Storm

CT Rain

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to the posts of "meh" and gusts to 25-30mph tomorrow.

I still have a hard time believing that stuff gets mixed down regardless. Something will happen to limit wind. Always does.

LOL--like our "derecho".

They let Blizz into the forecast office at BTV... going to rock and roll at the mountain tomorrow.

Tuesday: Rain, mainly after noon. High near 56. Very windy, with a south wind 29 to 39 mph increasing to 39 to 49 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 85 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Rain. Low around 44. Strong and damaging winds, with a south wind 65 to 70 mph decreasing to 55 to 60 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 100 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

Nice, Scott.....give us reports.

Yeah...maybe Pete or Peru get breezy, but I'd bet against big winds for MPM. The SNE METAR winner will probably be in CT unless MQE pulls it out of the hat.

Just going by climo for that area where MPM and Pete is, unless they get convective gusts. Maybe lots of hair blowing at 2K.

I never anticipate much in the wind department. If nothing else, my siting underwhelms whatever reality might be. One good thing is that topographically, the land drops steeply to my east and SE/NE. So, the wind in that direction has a pretty clear line to my station. Might give me better readings than some other vectors.

60kts at 950 on the GFS is 5SD

Probably is. I didn't think it was that much of an SD but like I said, it's rare to have such strong winds in September outside of tropicals. I do see your point, but my guess is that low level temps will have a say as to how much mixes down vs if the 950 winds are 55 kts instead of 60.

Probably is. I didn't think it was that much of an SD but like I said, it's rare to have such strong winds in September outside of tropicals. I do see your point, but my guess is that low level temps will have a say as to how much mixes down vs if the 950 winds are 55 kts instead of 60.

Yeah outside of a tropical system I can't think of a September analog. I think we'll have some fun tomorrow.

I'm still not sure how the winds will be outside of convection. There is probably a reason why we don't have big winds in September, but it doesn't mean it's impossible. I'm sure will have gusts past 40 for sure.

Yeah sort of a weird storm since one of the reasons we don't have big winds in September is because we don't get LLJs like this in September lol.

Yea climo says very unusual 1 in ten years or so.

Archived