Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Severe Weather potential 9/8/12

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wiz we lookin at much in the way of weaker tstorms just north of boston, and if so what time frame

The line should make it all the way to the coast, however, once it gets into central MA or so it may begin to gradually weaken. With that said, the dynamics aloft will be rather strong and it won't take much at all to generate strong winds to the surface so Boston area and points north definitely have a threat for some strong winds potentially causing some damage. As for timing likely mid to late evening...so perhaps anywhere from 8-10 PM-ish

Okay--I see on the visible that there's a slice of clear west of the Berks--enjoy it! Each time I've thought we were going to break through, the clodus have come back in.

What's a Chicago Wx person doing in North Adams???

I actually just moved here in July and couldn't figure out how to change my username....and it's going to be crazy. I am hoping for no strong tornadoes or anything. Thank you! And the last event was a huge bust.

Thanks wiz, I hope areas out west have some nice discrete supercells

You're Welcome.

Yeah that is something that needs to be watched real closely, especially if we are able to develop ample instability and the latest trends indicate this is a strong possibility. Even within the line there should be some embedded supercells and we could see some spinups possible right along the gust front (gustnadoes).

We can already see with heating going on and mixing taking place winds are picking up a bit.

All I thought about during the long 20 mile run this morning was a TOR and major winds just ripping thru town lol. It actually motivated me to push on. Just nasty humid..I weighed myself before and after.Lost 8 lbs.

Are you lighter than air now?

When is the marathon? And will the route survive the damaging derecho you are promising?

I actually just moved here in July and couldn't figure out how to change my username....and it's going to be crazy. I am hoping for no strong tornadoes or anything. Thank you! And the last event was a huge bust.

Welcome to New England! You'll radiate pretty nicely there in North Adams, I think. You'll get shadowed a bit come snow season, but the temps will make up for it.

Archived