• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather potential 9/8/12

weatherwiz

When a moderate risk is put across SNE, it will get people excited no matter what...even if we say we don't really expect that kind of damage happening. The SPC are the pros that issue the forecasts and they do a great job over most areas. I think sometimes their forecasts can be pulled back a bit over the northeast.

Yeah for the most part their mod verified... it was just that eastern area that didn't.

The mets on here pretty much nailed the threat and it verified AWT. Anytime OKX issues 8 tornado warnings in 1 day (which I believe is a record for them) that's a pretty solid convective day IMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah for the most part their mod verified... it was just that eastern area that didn't.

The mets on here pretty much nailed the threat and it verified AWT. Anytime OKX issues 8 tornado warnings in 1 day (which I believe is a record for them) that's a pretty solid convective day IMO.

The morning really stole the show and was better than I even thought. I think we even said this may be the best show of the day.

The morning really stole the show and was better than I even thought. I think we even said this may be the best show of the day.

Yeah I was surprised it was that good. I thought we would see some convection out ahead of the main line but not that far ahead. I guess it's the right time of year for something like that with no CIN for sb parcels.

I've learned SNE mets are the bomb and weatherwiz had a meltdown.

lol

Yeah I was surprised it was that good. I thought we would see some convection out ahead of the main line but not that far ahead. I guess it's the right time of year for something like that with no CIN for sb parcels.

lol

I was too. The morning activity was the most intriguing aspect of the day to me. I thought it was interesting.

The squall line basically blew down my way for the reasons several others have already pointed out. It was very disappointing indeed. However, the morning round of low-topped supercells in E NJ / SE NY / CT were awesome. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time storms got going over me early in the morning and then would go on to produce surface-based supercells / tornadoes just off to the Northeast.

It was a good week overall for severe. The Mt. Ephraim tornado and those associated thunderstorms were nasty. I was driving through them and the rain was the heaviest I've seen all year.

Archived