wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe Weather potential 9/8/12

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself, Ryan, and Phil agreed in the best action west. We said this yesterday. S/w moves north away from SNE, jet streak is a little too far nw, and lapse rates blow. Good luck hoping for the line self sustaining due to pure outflow and no help aloft. Winds to 35-40kts were expected.

This is the third time now...three mets =/= most. Sheesh

Well like I said, i applaud you for throwing the scf

you were sayinf "this is going how MOST thought". I'm just saying there's no way most thought this would be a breezy fropa. Anyway this argument is dumb and we should stop.

Well looking at the gust which were 35-40kts, thats what I meant. If anything maybe even western areas did less than i thought.

We may have had a 20-25 mph gust at some point today...not even with the main line. I had to dodge a small dead tree limb in the road when I was out earlier. Now some light rain working through. No lightning. I look forward to one day telling my grandchildren my harrowing tale of how I survived this historic day!

I guess personally the models and spc led me to believe we would have a show, but its my fault cause this is sne. You did well on this along with others. Well done

SPC is not as good Apps and east (at least north of the Carolinas) as in most other spots. Though I think the main debate is still whether or not the mod risk should have been so far east. Solid event either way.

Myself, Ryan, and Phil agreed in the best action west. We said this yesterday. S/w moves north away from SNE, jet streak is a little too far nw, and lapse rates blow. Good luck hoping for the line self sustaining due to pure outflow and no help aloft. Winds to 35-40kts were expected.

Even Mitch and Chrisrotary seemed hesitant and cautious, which seems to be a good rule of thumb for New England SVR.

You guys were all over this... time and time again the weenies get put to shame by the red taggers on here ;)

The hype in these threads sort of takes on a life of its own, so its good to have some caution flags thrown.

Archived