• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA thread - Spring-like weather now, but...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon storm threat is unclear. Radar looks bad now, but WV wants to kick that moisture out quickly. If the sun breaks out, there will be a good shot at strong storms.

almost reminds me of last Friday, when we had AM rain and was overcast for a long time. It was late afternoon or early evening until the sun came out and started to warm us up.

Interesting cell has popped up southeast of Harrisburg, and just south of Elizabethtown. Last couple frames has shown some decent rotation aloft with this cell. Unfortunately CCX is the closest radar and the beams hitting at about 9000 feet. Severe statement acknowledged weak rotation but the recent frames are even better. I'd watch for a tor warning to come out of this cell.

post-1507-0-86655200-1344985441_thumb.pn

Interesting cell has popped up southeast of Harrisburg, and just south of Elizabethtown. Last couple frames has shown some decent rotation aloft with this cell. Unfortunately CCX is the closest radar and the beams hitting at about 9000 feet. Severe statement acknowledged weak rotation but the recent frames are even better. I'd watch for a tor warning to come out of this cell.

post-1507-0-86655200-1344985441_thumb.pn

Just noticed this myself. Seems rotation has subsided, but a pretty good looking cell nonetheless. I can hear thunder in the distance, but IMBY, everything is calm. Barely even a breeze at the moment.

Just noticed this myself. Seems rotation has subsided, but a pretty good looking cell nonetheless. I can hear thunder in the distance, but IMBY, everything is calm. Barely even a breeze at the moment.

Yea, it was a brief bit of excitement anyways. Outbound velocity was about 55-60knots briefly. Will have to see if any interesting reports come out of it.

Just had two periods of intense rainfall within the last hour. Blair and Huntingdon counties are gettin hit pretty good.. looks like State College is next.

It's raining lightly right now here in State College (just off Atherton about three-quarters of a mile south of College). This follows a period of heavier rain and several nearby cloud-to-ground strokes. Winds gusted briefly to around 30 MPH and still seem somewhat agitated. It certainly looked worse to my north and east. At least now I'm fully convinced now that central PA can have a halfway decent storm!

It's raining lightly right now here in State College (just off Atherton about three-quarters of a mile south of College). This follows a period of heavier rain and several nearby cloud-to-ground strokes. Winds gusted briefly to around 30 MPH and still seem somewhat agitated. It certainly looked worse to my north and east. At least now I'm fully convinced now that central PA can have a halfway decent storm!

No wind to speak of in Bellefonte, but there was heavy rain and solid lightning. Numerous close CG strikes, two of which were definitely within my block in town, essentially no gap between the strike and the crack of thunder. One hit either the fire company next to my apartment or the building behind that, I couldn't tell exactly. Best lightning of the summer here for sure.

Archived