Newest Member
    EWR757
August 2012 Obs/Disc

Ellinwood

Yawn

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

145 AM EDT TUE AUG 7 2012

...RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE TIED AT WASHINGTON NATIONAL DC...

A DAILY RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 78 DEGREES WAS TIED AT

WASHINGTON NATIONAL DC YESTERDAY...AUGUST 6TH. THIS TIES THE OLD

RECORD OF 78 DEGREES THAT WAS SET IN 1918.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, 0z gfs advertising some nice weather for an extended period. IF it verifies we can say good bye to humidity for a while and finally enjory some at or slightly below temps and relatively cool night.

I love the transition to cooler and dryer airmasses. It reeks of football season.

Potomac water temp measurements going away :(

As of October 1, 2012, data collection of the water-quality parameters (temperature and Specific conductance) at this streamgage will be discontinued due to funding reductions from partner agencies. Although historic data will remain accessible, no new data will be collected unless one or more new funding partners are found.

In case anyone is wondering why DCA is only dropping to 77/78 at night:

post-1746-0-27962200-1344349432_thumb.gi

2011 for comparison

post-1746-0-96622100-1344349424_thumb.gi

Can't believe I'm saying this in early August - the NAM digs the 500 low a lot further south than the GFS/Euro.

:snowing:

It's also slower :(

Great to have if you want nighttime snow in the winter... not so great when you want daytime severe. Not worried since its hr84 but it's not a great sign.

Can't believe I'm saying this in early August - the NAM digs the 500 low a lot further south than the GFS/Euro.

:snowing:

yeah i was just sorta wtf'ing at how far south it drops that thing

It's also slower :(

Great to have if you want nighttime snow in the winter... not so great when you want daytime severe. Not worried since its hr84 but it's not a great sign.

i wonder if we'll just end up with a hvy rain/flash flooding (at least isolated to scattered) type deal. of course it is the nam at 84...

No, that would be further south and the storms went north of OC. The area pictured though I doubt may be Ocean City if it was would be north of the boardwalk past 100th as thats where the open space would be pictured. That would be the only way, and there were a few strikes noticeable yesterday away from some of the storms, so it is possible. I'd think more of a Delaware beach would receive something like this as they were in the center of storms.

I'm at 100th, and there were no stray strikes anywhere nearby. Plus, there's no open space past 100th. You have to get up to the Delaware state park in Fenwick Island before you find any open spot like that.

Maybe the shot was from Ocean City, NJ?

Should be able to rack up another 95 on Thurs. Whether we are able to tie the record on Fri will probably have to do with cloudcover.

im starting to wonder if we're done after this week with any high heat chances.. i'd have to lean toward us getting one more shot even into sept but records cluster so maybe not.

little shower right over dca

It is awesome that we can go, "hey DCA's TDWR is down, I guess I'll have to go check out that shower on one of the 4 other radars"

heh.. yeah we do get some perks living around here.

hey now

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

557 PM EDT TUE AUG 7 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

EASTERN CHARLES COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND...

NORTHERN ST. MARYS COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND...

SOUTHEASTERN PRINCE GEORGES COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...

WESTERN CALVERT COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND...

* UNTIL 630 PM EDT

* AT 556 PM EDT...A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS REPORTED NEAR HALLOWING

POINT...AND WAS MOVING NORTHWEST AT 5 MPH. THIS TORNADO HAS BEEN

CONFIRMED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Archived