• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
New England Severe weather thread number ...I think XI ?

OSUmetstud

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the most part the cell near CEF looks sloppy and disorganized, but just SE of the intersection of I90 and I291 there was an area of enhanced winds that were probably close to warning criteria.

Thanks for the info...passed along to the crew here.

--Turtle

Jesus, Connecticut ate that line and sh*t it out.

Terrible.

I guess we didn't destabilize enough after the rain this morning?

I don't think that fully explains it. The ESE motion of these storms is indicative of the veered profile. U/L winds should be close to SW by now. A midlevel trough arrived early and swung winds around to the W or even WNW.

Scooter, what do you think? Those storms near SFD just die or do we see more organization back into CT moving east?

Looks like some nice stuff over SE Ct..there's RI and your storms later

Sometimes it sounds like an old farmer tale..but I don't like seeing tstms hog the inflow to our south. Nevertheless, I think as the dynamics improve, we may see more develop. My concern is that it skips a good chunk of the area and forms along the Cape or coastal SE MA. Even some of the meso fire storms along a weak low and front near srn NH. So basically stuff can fire anywhere, but tough to pinpoint exactly where. As the trough sharpens, little meso scale things like developing LLJ or ageostrophic circulations from jet streaks sometimes will have a say as to where things form. I think srn areas and the Cape will see stuff later on. I feel like 7 or 8/10 times something like this would produce for a good portion of the area.

Sometimes it sounds like an old farmer tale..but I don't like seeing tstms hog the inflow to our south. Nevertheless, I think as the dynamics improve, we may see more develop. My concern is that it skips a good chunk of the area and forms along the Cape or coastal SE MA. Even some of the meso fire storms along a weak low and front near srn NH. So basically stuff can fire anywhere, but tough to pinpoint exactly where. As the trough sharpens, little meso scale things like developing LLJ or ageostrophic circulations from jet streaks sometimes will have a say as to where things form. I think srn areas and the Cape will see stuff later on. I feel like 7 or 8/10 times something like this would produce for a good portion of the area.

I have a feeling your're right..You can alredy see it setting up for RI, SE mass...maybe even up to BOS..But from Central Ct up to my area to ORH appears to be porked. Look at the precip hit a wall over HFD and almost dry up ..while the storms near SFD just sit there and fizzle, then pulse..Pretty easy to see who the have nots will be tonight

I have a feeling your're right..You can alredy see it setting up for RI, SE mass...maybe even up to BOS..But from Central Ct up to my area to ORH appears to be porked. Look at the precip hit a wall over HFD and almost dry up ..while the storms near SFD just sit there and fizzle, then pulse..Pretty easy to see who the have nots will be tonight

Well I would wait a little while longer, although I know your bedtime awaits. Sometimes things pop out of nowhere when a s/w approaches. Cell near GON is nasty.

Weakened the last 2 scans..Appears the western part of that line right along the CT mass border has pulsed up some and headed slowly SE

The eastern edge is weakening. It's developed an RFD of sorts, and there's been some enhancements of echoes back along it, but I think this storm may be collapsing soon.

It's having trouble getting out of the valley...lol.

Archived