• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
New England Severe weather thread number ...I think XI ?

OSUmetstud

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, TAN received 1.5" in the past hour.

SPECI KTAN 151239Z AUTO 31012G33KT 1/4SM +TSRA FG FEW009 BKN021 OVC033 19/18 A2991 RMK AO2 PK WND 33033/1233 LTG DSNT ALQDS TSB27 P0080 T01890178

METAR KTAN 151252Z AUTO 34008G16KT 1/4SM +TSRA FG VV013 19/18 A2993 RMK AO2 PK WND 33033/1233 LTG DSNT N AND S AND SW TSB27 SLP133 P0146 T01890178

That is awesome.

While every tstm always has the inherent wind threat, shear isn't that great today. There is some directional shear which may help, but seems like hail if anything would be a threat if instability can get there. I guess wind secondary. Too bad the shear wasn't another 20kts or so stronger. I do think they'll be some strong storms around and might continue at times through the night.

I could see the tstm threat stuck west for a bit late this aftn and then move east and possibly redevelop tonight..especially perhaps near the south coast, but I think it includes a lot of the area. Kind of tough to pinpoint areas and heights actually rise a bit behind this first impulse this afternoon. I'm actually interesting in tonight, even if it isn't a clear cut situation.

I could see the tstm threat stuck west for a bit late this aftn and then move east and possibly redevelop tonight..especially perhaps near the south coast, but I think it includes a lot of the area. Kind of tough to pinpoint areas and heights actually rise a bit behind this first impulse this afternoon. I'm actually interesting in tonight, even if it isn't a clear cut situation.

Considering its the only weather that we'll have for about 5 more months, that's probably not a bad idea.

SPC has us in the northern region of a SLGHT area... I was noticing some interesting shear profiles by cloud motion coming into the office. Abrupt clearing behind this morning's MCS activity should get things interesting imo, as we have retrofitted the lower troposphere with theta-e from that hit this morning, and we are setting the area up soon for real good insolation as the morning progresses.

Archived