• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
New England Severe weather thread number ...I think XI ?

OSUmetstud

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Saturday we had storms a house 6 down from me was hit by lightning and I saw it...freaked me out.

No one hurt? You saw the hit? Cool. I hope it didn' it catch on fire.

A few years back (before we moved here), there was a strike that ended up blowing out the wiring in our house and the farm across the street. You have to love old electrical systems!

No one hurt? You saw the hit? Cool. I hope it didn' it catch on fire.

A few years back (before we moved here), there was a strike that ended up blowing out the wiring in our house and the farm across the street. You have to love old electrical systems!

Nobody was hurt thankfully. After the storm let up my brother and I walked down the street trying to see if we cod see where it hit. We saw oeoe standing outside and pointing and before we could say anything to them they started talking to us and told us what happened...they said in their attic they had a bunch of battery operated toys and they all turned on.

Nobody was hurt thankfully. After the storm let up my brother and I walked down the street trying to see if we cod see where it hit. We saw oeoe standing outside and pointing and before we could say anything to them they started talking to us and told us what happened...they said in their attic they had a bunch of battery operated toys and they all turned on.

That's awesome--sounds like a scene from Poltergeist or Child's Play.

Best thunder/lightning all season at KPIT. Started around 4:00a.m., it's since moved to the east (all be the rain that is). Had at least three hits in what must be a 1/4 radius. Lots of ozone (??) smell in the air after at leaste one of them. Once things calm down and it lightens, I'll go to see if I can spot any damage. Power stayed on so much have been trees that took them.

Look out Central/eastern areas. Good stuff incoming.

Dude really really odd you said Ozone. this morning heading down Rt 164 in Preston CT well after they had a little Tstorm. I smelled Ozone very strongly.

Towering CU front lit by the Sun in ECT on 395, drove away from it. Pretty spectacular , that line looks impressive on radar, any reports?

With the lack of any statements from BOX/OKX I htink the storms have shifted to just rain (albeit a lot of it). It's stopped here now, sky's clearing with .81 down. I'll go scout out lightning damage soon.

7 AM UPDATE...BAND OF CONVECTION MOVING THROUGH SNE AT 7 AM.

LEADING EDGE AT 7 AM WAS FROM ASH TO PUTNAM AND BACK EDGE WAS

APPROACHING CT RIVER VALLEY. HAVE MODIFIED POPS AND SKY TO REFLECT

PASSAGE OF THIS ACTIVITY. AIR MASS DESTABILIZES LATER WITH IMPRESSIVE

TOTAL TOTALS IN THE LOWER 50S...SHOWATERS -1 TO -2...AND

MODERATELY STEEP MID LEVEL LAPSE RATES. HAVE INCREASED POPS AGAIN

WITH THUNDER W TO E AFT 19Z. ACTIVITY COULD PERSIST FOR A WHILE

INTO THE EVENING...ESPECIALLY EASTERN HALF OF AREA. IN

ADDITION...INCREASING VERTICAL WIND SHEAR WITH 35 TO 40 KT MID

LEVEL JET MAY INCREASE RISK OF SVR TSTMS EASTERN PORTION THIS

EVENING.

We have a shot at a decent outbreak this afternoon. This started to look really good on Monday and then yesterday things really started coming together

Latest RAP is generating excellent instability later on which I certainly buy if we get the amount of sun it looks like we will see.

Also, not too often we see dews near 70F associated with a cold pool moving through.

Given increase in vertical shear too can't rule out a few supercells and if sfc winds back at all which is possible maybe some rotating storms.

Archived