• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
August 2012 General Discussion

Chicago WX

I know I used Romeo as my area through Accuweather for historical weather since its basically right next door. Accuweather does not recognize Addison Township. The only thing I can think on what there using then is MTC Selfridge. I thought it was PHN.

http://www.accuweath...8770?view=table

Romeo I don't believe has an ASOS so that would be suspect data right there, and MTC/PHN are further than DTX/PTK/VLL. These 3 are all 17ish miles away where as MTC is 22 Miles and PHN is 28 miles away.

Also KD95, which is Lapeer is an ASOS site I believe which would be the closest to your area, they made it to 91 fhis month.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to know if VLL was also recalibrated and fixed along with YIP. KVLL seemed to run a tad "warm" this past late winter into spring. It has since leveled off.

Drove past that site earlier this evening and gave the surrounding area a good look. It's very built up with a large big box shopping plaza directly west of site.

Based on current progged temps, we may fall just one degree shy of the hottest summer on record (74.7*F in 2012 vs. 74.8*F in 2005)

It'll be the second warmest summer on record by far though, provided the temps the next three days don't significantly underachieve ether.

This is based on lows in the upper 50s the next two days and a high of 95*F on Friday.

It's going to be really close though. 12z NAM actually suggests 100*F on Friday.

But it's absolutely amazing that Detroit had 3 consecutive top 5 summers in a row (I'm not sure if it ever happened before). This is truly once in a lifetime history we're experiencing.

Based on current progged temps, we may fall just one degree shy of the hottest summer on record (74.7*F in 2012 vs. 74.8*F in 2005)

It'll be the second warmest summer on record by far though.

This is based on lows in the upper 50s the next two days and a high of 95*F on Friday.

It's going to be really close though. 12z NAM actually suggests 100*F on Friday

My phone caught fire when I looked at the NAM. You know this is almost exactly a repeat of last years Friday before Labor Day.

Also, August looks to be the 12th consecutive month of positive departures in Detroit, and I believe the 16th month of non-negative departures.

Amazing...

To put things in perspective, even if every month the rest of this year logs -3*F departures, this year would still be a top 5 warmest ever on record.

Also, August looks to be the 12th consecutive month of positive departures in Detroit, and I believe the 16th month of non-negative departures.

Amazing...

To put things in perspective, even if every month the rest of this year logs -3*F departures, this year would still be a top 5 warmest ever on record.

Depending what happens these last 3 days, the amount of below and above normal days in August at DTW look to be split right down the middle, but theres no doubt the final departure will be slightly positive, the main difference being the residual heat at the start of the month. And you are correct this will be the 16th month of non-negative departures (12th consecutive positive departure)...and since the cold winter of 2010-11 gave way to warmth in May 2011, only May 2011 (+0.9F), Sep 2011 (0.0F), Apr 2012 (+0.2F) and Aug 2012 (+0.?F) will have departures of less than 1 degree.

Since this stretch started in May 2011, up to Aug 28, 2012, DTW has logged

33 days exactly normal

133 days below normal

320 days above normal

So temps have been warmer than normal roughly 65% of the time the last 16 months.

They didn't under perform. The ridge was slower/back builded and temps were cutdown yesterday evening.

Ok, didn't catch that change last night. Getting kind of late in the season for mid 90s.

Looking forward to the cool down next week. :)

18th minimum temperature of 59º or lower this August this morning at LAF. The previous five Augusts and the number of sub 60º min temps for each month below.

2011: 8 times

2010: 4 times

2009: 15 times

2008: 15 times

2007: 3 times

Normal min temps in August at LAF range from 64º on the 1st to 60º on the 31st.

Starting off the day at 68 degrees. Forecasted high for today is 94, both Milwaukee and Madison's record high could be in jeopardy.

I think Madison has the best chance to break the record. Today should be the hottest day given the winds will start in off the later tomorrow.

93° predicted here today - starting at 66°.

Archived