• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
August 2012 General Discussion

Chicago WX

LAF leading the pack in temperature departures in Indiana this August, through yesterday. Upset alert. :guitar: Barring something freaky happening, should be the first below normal month since September 2011 for the sites below.

LAF: -2.0º (Sept 2011: -1.8º)

MIE: -1.9º (Sept 2011: -3.3º)

IWX: -1.8º (Sept 2011: -3.3º)

FWA: -1.4º (Sept 2011: -1.8º)

SBN: -1.4º (Sept 2011: -2.0º)

GSH: -1.3º (Sept 2011: -2.0º)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwk... I was just going to post that climate map. Good stuff... might have 2 straight months below normal.

Lower Michigan is going to finish up around -0.3 to +0.3. Tomorrow is going to push me a hair above normal for the month without a doubt.

Barely hitting 90 this afternoon. Forecast call 24 hours ago was the right call.

Same here, temps under performing just like yesterday. You can tell the sun is lower in the sky, as it really doesn't feel too hot out there. Also a bit of an onshore flow if you're within a half mile of the lake.

Awwk... I was just going to post that climate map. Good stuff... might have 2 straight months below normal.

Lower Michigan is going to finish up around -0.3 to +0.3. Tomorrow is going to push me a hair above normal for the month without a doubt.

I wouldn't say ALL of lower MI is going to finish up around below normal. The southeast portion is running a small to modest + (positive) departures. Today & Tomorrow is going to push you well above considering your closest sites (as the crow flies) are OYW & PTK & DTW .

These are Semi sites as of yesterday not even factoring the next 2 warm days including today.

DTW is currently running @ +.6.

MBS is currently running @ +.3

FNT is currently running @ +.3

I wouldn't say ALL of lower MI is going to finish up around below normal. The southeast portion is running a small to modest + (positive) departures. Today & Tomorrow is going to push you well above considering your closest sites (as the crow flies) are OYW & PTK & DTW .

These are Semi sites as of yesterday not even factoring the next 2 warm days including today.

DTW is currently running @ +.6.

MBS is currently running @ +.3

FNT is currently running @ +.3

Well above might be a stretch. Pretty tough to move the departures much when you're 4+ weeks into a month.

Same here, temps under performing just like yesterday. You can tell the sun is lower in the sky, as it really doesn't feel too hot out there. Also a bit of an onshore flow if you're within a half mile of the lake.

Hit 90.1° IMBY today. Should manage to hold onto the negative departure for the month. Summer is dwindling away - yeah the sun doesn't feel too bad now. Lol, I can find more shade to park in at work now! Noticing more trees starting to yellow up.

Hit 90.1° IMBY today. Should manage to hold onto the negative departure for the month. Summer is dwindling away - yeah the sun doesn't feel too bad now. Lol, I can find more shade to park in at work now! Noticing more trees starting to yellow up.

Nice to see you have a negative departure. Not sure what I have here in Racine, but MKE is almost +1 for the month.

86º for LAF today. EVV takes the honors in Indiana with a max temp of 96º.

One day left in the period. :)

You seem happy that met summer is over. It's almost 3 months until the real action starts though. In the meantime, gonna bang out another 90+, an appropriate way to finish (not to say there won't be more).

Starting a tad warmer than yesterday so we should make it to 90 again before a cold front comes racing down the lake.

MKX

TEMPS TRICKY AS HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR RAPID

COOLING IN EAST AS WINDS SHIFT TO THE NORTHEAST. UPWELLING OF

COOLER WATERS OVER THE NEARSHORE AREAS ON THURSDAY WL CONTRIBUTE TO

SIGNIFICANT TEMP DROP ALONG SHORE AREAS THIS AFTN. TEMPS MAY FALL

20-30F IN SEVERAL HOURS FROM MILWAUKEE SOUTH. LARGE GRADIENT OF MAX

TEMPS EXPECTED ACROSS CWA TODAY...FROM THE LOWER 80S FAR NORTHEAST

TO THE LOW TO MID 90S IN THE SOUTH

You seem happy that met summer is over. It's almost 3 months until the real action starts though. In the meantime, gonna bang out another 90+, an appropriate way to finish (not to say there won't be more).

You sensed that, huh? :D

Not my favorite season...but this current one was interesting. At least met fall looks to begin on a fun note.

No AC? We'll probably be running ours through Halloween this year.

Heading towards another 90F here...hopefully the last time until next summer.

I'm sure it won't be the last 90. However look at those 850 temps diving south in the extended Euro. Sure looks like we'll see a nice cooldown. That crap out west will probably come east sooner or later though...

post-1834-0-61941800-1346440411_thumb.gi

Archived