Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Intense Heat Returning Mid/Late July?

Hoosier

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MET temps might have been too low if that was the case.

Seems to be getting back to its usual self lately. So, you might get your 100 on Tuesday.

Eh, even 98 on Tuesday could be a tad optimistic if latest runs verify. I could see Wednesday being as warm or warmer than Tuesday if clouds/precip aren't an issue.

New NAM makes Wednesday the hottest day of the heat wave for Iowa and western Illinois. Would be a very similar setup to 7/7 when MLI hit 104 and Iowa City hit 105. Gonna have to wait and see if any other models delay the frontal timing like this.

I'll go with 97/101 for MLI for mon/tue. If the new NAM solution ends up working out I'd go with 103-104 for Wed.

Rockford and Waukegan already up to 95. Madison, Milwaukee, and ORD at 94. All are ahead of yesterday's pace. Cumulus field is quickly developing though, so temps probably won't get too out of control today. Should be less cumulus development tomorrow with the warmer 850 temps overhead. I'm still going with 97/101 today/tomorrow for MLI.

People have lost their love for the heat. If this was 2009, this thread would be 10+ pages by now. Looks like the Plains get really fried by the weekend, wow.

Why would we love the heat? I think everyone here is pretty much a winter weather lover that can enjoy severe episodes in spring and fall. Summer just plain sucks.

Archived