• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2012 Obs and Discussion Thread

metalicwx366

Yeah, but you may be crazy :) You might not get scared until way too late :)

The afternoon thunder just finished. They fired up a few thousand feet to the east and south, and off they marched just like they have for months and months. I think it's micro climates. Created by Haarp, or space men, or..or the mole people. To control the climate in small locations...make the weather in those places anomalous. For nefarious purposes. "Everybody gets rain"....then, the finger," but none for you!!" Surely it isn't some random climo shaft job, lol. T

Everything that comes through here weakens greatly or dissipates. Its like it's rare to see a good storm. It happened 2 days in a row last year due to sea breeze collisions right over the area. the MCV that came through the other night weakened and we only saw sprinkles then strengthened right after it crossed my area. We did see some powerful winds though strong enough to take down some trees and power lines on the west side of town. Only sprinkles in the image below and not in the Severe Thunderstorm Warning.

4t2bgl.png

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 and 3/4 inches in several hours and still pouring. I've never been able to report such amounts on this board before. I knew Mole mojo was way more powerful than Zombie mojo, but this is rediculous. I went straight for the mole envocation over bringing out the zombie, because the zombie takes time, and I wanted rain quick... but now I'm frightened. This power is beyond all reckoning.

Wait 'til I pull this ship out this winter :thumbsup: Tony

3 and 3/4 inches in several hours and still pouring. I've never been able to report such amounts on this board before. I knew Mole mojo was way more powerful than Zombie mojo, but this is rediculous. I went straight for the mole envocation over bringing out the zombie, because the zombie takes time, and I wanted rain quick... but now I'm frightened. This power is beyond all reckoning.

Enjoy

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: YAY TONY! Congrat and yes please use Mole mojo this winter on the ATL!

Heres a damage video. to give you guys a frame of reference at about 10 seconds in theres a patch of forest that isn't too badly destroyed. Thats how this entire forest should look. The damage was incredibly extensive in this area. Remember the woods should be dark and thick so as you are looking at the large openings those use to be trees.

Woo hooo!!! This post is full of awesomeness :wub:

BTW....the Xenia tornado ruined me and I've been crazy ever since :lol:

If you lived through Zenia, you have a right!!

I'm up to 4.2 now and still coming down. It kind of like saving up vacation time, then staying at Joe's place in Tahiti for a month :) T

Tony,

Can you fill up some buckets and send them my way. Another day of nothing but teases. It sprinkled for a few minutes but that's it. I did get some good pictures of mammatus clouds. Maybe we'll have another July 4th miracle. Last year I got 4" and a microburst on the 4th. I would gladly take that again.

I don't know how much rain we got exactly today, but I know it rained down practically every animal on the planet this evening. I can't remember the last time we had a good tropical downpour with the heavy amounts of lightning and strong winds like we had. The only bad side to it was the lightning knocked our power off about 5 times.

Cheston, and Metalic, I'm hoping for you guys. I can only tell you what I did. You go out in the yard, and make noises as close the the sound of a didgeridoo, as you are able. You want the deep base to vibrate up the mole folks, then you ask the mole people to do what they do. I used the video by the Residents of Here Come the Mole People to conjur up images, but in the past I've used several episodes of Flash Gordon when I was a kid to visualize the Mole Men called up by Ming the Magnificent. Hope it works for you like it did here. Just don't make the mistake of visualizing the underground folks that terrorized the Eloy in the TimeMachine. Those dudes are crazy scary!! Way worse than Ming's Mole Men.

72 degrees, and 4.2 in the tank, and now only dripping. Happiness reigns in T town. T

Pretty much totally screwed yesterday vs areas around me. Had a good storm knock on the door, only for it to stall and then fall apart and only getting light rain.

Earlier in the day, some t-showers developed around me and died quickly. I Knew then I likely would get nothing the rest of the day because having those types of pulse t-showers so early in the day, especially those that don't move, are 9/10 times the death nail for any chance of storms the rest of the day.

Those earlier t-showers were interesting though. There were several to my NE to SE. They essentially had no bases to speak of, you could see through the rain shields easily, the tops looked really low and didn't seem to have any ice in them visually..yet they produced quite a lot of lighting. Even had one strike that hit west of me when the t-shower was to the northeast of me and several miles away. I know this isn't interesting compared to some of the big storms but it was pretty incredible to see so much lightning from so unimpressive looking clouds/showers.

I have another video that is after the main microburst gust that shows the sustained winds really well. Problem is the hood to my grill had just came flying off when I started filming and went through my porch where I was standing rolled down my driveway and into the ditch. After it missed me I dropped an F bomb so the video isn't family friendly.

My favorite derecho, didn't bring wind like yours, but I went out in the yard wearing my winter coat, and it was 70 degrees and sunny, and within minutes it was 30 and snowing :) You could see it coming with the dark clouds, and hear it with the sleet, and the wind blew, but not like yours. I regret I didn't have a camera, so I'm glad you did, and that your interest outweighed your survival instinct :) T

My favorite derecho, didn't bring wind like yours, but I went out in the yard wearing my winter coat, and it was 70 degrees and sunny, and within minutes it was 30 and snowing :) You could see it coming with the dark clouds, and hear it with the sleet, and the wind blew, but not like yours. I regret I didn't have a camera, so I'm glad you did, and that your interest outweighed your survival instinct :) T

I'm sure if my mom sees this video shes gonna slap up side the head and ask "what the hell is wrong with you?". Theres just something about a thunderstorm or any extreme weather that is addictive to me. If I get woken up by thunder at 3am I am typically getting up and going outside to watch. Most people think its crazy but I wouldn't want to be any other way.

I'm sure if my mom sees this video shes gonna slap up side the head and ask "what the hell is wrong with you?". Theres just something about a thunderstorm or any extreme weather that is addictive to me. If I get woken up by thunder at 3am I am typically getting up and going outside to watch. Most people think its crazy but I wouldn't want to be any other way.

I am the same way. That's why I ended up sitting in my car just outside of Beaufort last summer when Irene came ashore. Hoping to do it again this year.

When I was maybe 5 or 7 I was scared by a storm, so my grandmother took me out on the front porch and watched the storm with me, and showed me it probably wouldn't kill me. It was a brick porch with brick pillars and screen wire, so it was, and felt, substantial, and we hunkered down behind a corner, and got soaked while the thunder seemed to shake the very bricks, and the lighten crashed right over head. It was dark as night, in mid day, and the lightening blinked on and off like a monster, world sized strobe. The wind made a fearce noise, and the rain fell sideways, and from all directions. I can still see it today. She held her arm around me, getting soaked and told me about the wind, and where the thunder came from, and the nature of lightening.. and see the wind whipping those trees this way and that, well, thats the wind blowing from all quarters. And she talked about her father, a sea captain, and how he would be out on deck in this while he was sailing. By the time that storm was over I was no longer afraid, but fascinated, and have been ever since. I get scared by storms, on occasion, but I'm rarely truly frightened by one. A good thunderstorm only amazes me with it's power, and scares me when it throws lightening at me a few feet away, but I'll go out into one in a heartbeat :) Thanks to my dear grandmother, who made the weather part of my life a special part, when I was a wee tyke.

Archived