• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Statement regarding American Wx Conferences

Dear Members,

It is with great sadness and difficulty that I must announce that this year's conference will our last for American Weather.

The conferences have supplied our members with great knowledge and some great times. In our 7 conferences, members came together to meet their fellow posters and hear such presenters as Paul Kocin, Wes Junker, Stacey Steward, former NHC director Bill Read, folks from SPC among many, many other great speakers. We have had our very own members present short, but informative talks in our lightning round, which was created by Jamie Oberdick (JamieO). In addition to the the invaluable knowledge shared, there were plenty of friendships created.

But the time has come to end a great tradition. We have reached a point where we have maximized the benefits of conferences. I would like to think that these conferences have helped EasternUSWx, AmericanWx, and our members. I have had a great time planning these conferences and it is always a joy to see the pleasure it has brought to our members. These 7 years have been great. Let's make this last conference the greatest and go out with a bang!

Thank you all for the chance to plan and execute these conferences.

Dear Members,

It is with great sadness and difficulty that I must announce that this year's conference will our last for American Weather.

The conferences has supplied our members with great knowledge and some great times. In our 7 conferences, members came together to meet their fellow posters and hear such presenters as Paul Kocin, Wes Junker, Stacey Steward, former NHC director Bill Read, folks from SPC among many, many other great speakers. We have had our very own members present short, but informative talks in our lightning round, which was created by Jamie Oberdick (JamieO). In addition to the the invaluable knowledge shared, there were plenty of friendships created.

But the time has come to end a great tradition. We have reached a point where we have maximized the benefits of conferences. I would like to think that these conferences have helped EasternUSWx, AmericanWx, and our members. I have had a great time planning these conferences and it is always a joy to see the pleasure it has brought to our members. These 7 years have been great. Let's make this last conference the greatest and go out with a bang!

Thank you all for the chance to plan and execute these conferences.

Ah man.....you would have to make the one I don't attend the last. :axe:

:lol:

I seriously hope this isn't the last conference. I don't see anything wrong with taking a year or two off and then perhaps rethinking this position down the road.

Anyways though thank you and thanks to everyone else for all the hard work that was done to make these conferences and absolute blast. This certainly isn't something that is easily planned and the number of work and countless hours you and everyone else who helped will never get the amount of phrase and respect it completely deserves.

I can't really think of anything I looked forward to more than these conferences.

I can see taking a year or two break but it doesn't have to be gone for good.

Not sure if there is anything else that can be done to get more people to register. People here love weather and Randy and whoever else helps him goes out and finds mets who would want to speak and they have done a great job at getting very talented mets to speak and present at these conferences, plus we have several brilliant mets on here who do presentations every year. If this isn't enough if you love weather than what else can be done?

Not sure if there is anything else that can be done to get more people to register. People here love weather and Randy and whoever else helps him goes out and finds mets who would want to speak and they have done a great job at getting very talented mets to speak and present at these conferences, plus we have several brilliant mets on here who do presentations every year. If this isn't enough if you love weather than what else can be done?

You can always plan it yourself.

Some of the insensitivity in this thread is really unnecessary.

Randy, thank you for all the hard work you and others have put in over the years to make the conferences a good time had by all. Even though this year will only be my seconding attendance, I am still sad to hear that it will be coming to an end.

Randy, thank you for all the hard work you and others have put in over the years to make the conferences a good time had by all. Even though this year will only be my seconding attendance, I am still sad to hear that it will be coming to an end.

:huh:

:huh:

Ditto.

:cry:

I'm glad you're not the only one to notice it. Some of these people are classless.

At any rate, thanks Katie. And thanks to the staff who have helped throughout the years.

I read this thread earlier and could only post now. Some of those posts no longer in the thread should never have been made when an appreciation the efforts both you and staff have taken over the years, to set up some of the best events I have been able to take a part of, was all that needed to be said. Saddened to hear that this marks the last one and I'm happy to have gone to as many as I could since joining Eastern/Amwx.

I read this thread earlier and could only post now. Some of those posts no longer in the thread should never have been made when an appreciation the efforts both you and staff have taken over the years, to set up some of the best events I have been able to take a part of, was all that needed to be said. Saddened to hear that this marks the last one and I'm happy to have gone to as many as I could since joining Eastern/Amwx.

i agree...this will be my 2nd, and I guess last Conference...so many great speakers and so many great people going...it's going to be perfect...

Randy/Srain...you guys are awesome...

the conferences take a toll. it takes much work to organize, especially with speakers involved. they can come. then they can't. argh.

maybe regional social events could be a decent alternative. new england, new york, philly and vicinity, mid atlantic, carolinas south, texas, islip. the possibilities are endless. and these events are trashable. it is easy for those of us in the northeast to get into each others territory.

my two cents. randy, you work your head off for these things. i can't think of one i did not enjoy. kudos.

rich

graduate of...

phl cabbage

pvd get me a translator

dca - in the hospital

bwi twice or 3 times.

That's too bad, I'm sure they were a great time and a lot of information was shared. Sometimes reading this board my mind is blown by the vast amounts of knowledge that even amateur hobbyists have, so to hear a professional speak on a subject they're passionate about must be awesome for :weenie: s like us.

I hope you decide to have more in the future, as I would love to attend sometimes. I know we go back and forth sometimes, but it's all just joking. I'm sure it was very hard work to organize these things, and I regret not being able to go. Good luck.

Archived