• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Doldrums of weather heading into June

CoastalWx

Yeah I see that coming. Weenies will be weenies.

Are the tides high? I didn't even look.

Edit: I just looked. That could be interesting. Coastal flooding from a nor'easter in early June.

yeah 12'+

not impossible given those heights. doesn't take much onshore flow once tides are twelve footers.

This gets old

:weenie:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be fun. Dress appropriately for variable conditions.

You know well some idiot s will take off Sunday at 65 degrees totally unprepared and be soaking wet in the 30's 40s at elevation with strong winds. Perfect recipe for disaster, colleges out, unusually warm spring, false summer really.

Yeah we'll get our couple weeks of heat somewhere in July or early August. But by then Fall is getting closer and I can deal with it knowing the promise on the horizon.

Today is a stellar day out here.

the first two weeks will be cool and the usual suspects will crow on about a cold summer. then the heat will return and the other usual suspects will crow on about a hot summer.

Well hopefully Thursday and Friday aren't too bad other than self destructive sun. We can live with that if we have n-nw winds. Temps would be in the 60s and low 70s if that were to happen. Still kind of crappy, but better than Mon-Wed potentially.

Looking around, water table is down again so we could use the rain here in the BOS area.

Well hopefully Thursday and Friday aren't too bad other than self destructive sun. We can live with that if we have n-nw winds. Temps would be in the 60s and low 70s if that were to happen. Still kind of crappy, but better than Mon-Wed potentially.

Looking around, water table is down again so we could use the rain here in the BOS area.

I think I've received more pollen than snow thus far.

I'm just campaigning against these liberal use of the term torch. Hope you are enjoying your travels Scott. It's nice and cool here this AM, almost cold really.

Oh I agree about the liberal use of the word...I thought it was about whether or not it's been above normal. I just can't believe how hard it is to get below normal, heck even normal is tough. Month after month of +2 to +7 is getting old.

Trip is going great...drove around some passes near ski resorts where the snow is still 10-15 feet deep and towering overhead on the side of the road. Homes up here still have snow in the front yards and yet the trees have leaves on them. Just bizarre but awesome. I love wandering around in the snow on May 31st. Tomorrow I'm heading up to northern Europes highest pass at 4,500ft where the snow is still 20 feet deep. Saw one wet avalanche today cross the road. Norway is nuts. Some of these towns only spend a month or two snow free all year long...melts in August and is back by the end of September.

Ugh, told my friend who had a Grad part Saturday that it would be pretty cool and cloudy and probably at times rainy. And he completely seriously was like "I doubt it. Probably 80 and sunny."

We'll see how that goes for him.

Saturday will at least be humid so it won't be all that chilly.

Commercial bluefin tuna season starts on Friday for me.

UGH

SAT

SE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KT IN THE

AFTERNOON. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF TSTMS. SOME

TSTMS MAY PRODUCE HEAVY RAINFALL.

SAT NIGHT

SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...BECOMING S 10 TO 15 KT AFTER

MIDNIGHT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY.

SUN

N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SUN NIGHT

N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. SEAS

5 TO 8 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

MON

N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO

11 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

MON NIGHT

9 TO 12 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Commercial bluefin season starts on Friday for me.

UGH

SAT

SE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KT IN THE

AFTERNOON. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF TSTMS. SOME

TSTMS MAY PRODUCE HEAVY RAINFALL.

SAT NIGHT

SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...BECOMING S 10 TO 15 KT AFTER

MIDNIGHT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY.

SUN

N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SUN NIGHT

5 TO 8 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

MON

N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO

11 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

MON NIGHT

9 TO 12 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

tuna.com?

ginxy snow above 5k in the whites? early next week

the ridge line above glen boulder trail is like 5200' ...not difficult to get to (actually downright easy except for some hiking enudrance)....and if the wind isn't from an East componenent ...suprisingly calm in my experiences. snow in june......at 5k....why not?

Archived