Newest Member
    EWR757
Doldrums of weather heading into June

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

70's with NW flow inland. -Nao isn't bad in summer

It is in June. I highly doubt all next week is 70s inland with NW flow. Cold thicknesses and NE flow usually sucks. This isn't a case with a big ridge at H5 and us getting NE winds. Maybe Friday begins to warm up a bit.

It is in June. I highly doubt all next week is 70s inland with NW flow. Cold thicknesses and NE flow usually sucks. This isn't a case with a big ridge at H5 and us getting NE winds. Maybe Friday begins to warm up a bit.

I think you worry a bit too much with your proximity to the ocean. This seems to be a dry boring n flow pattern next week with cool nights and warmer afternoons. I'm not concerned and I know Ryan isn't either. Again just for our area

I think you worry a bit too much with your proximity to the ocean. This seems to be a dry boring n flow pattern next week with cool nights and warmer afternoons. I'm not concerned and I know Ryan isn't either. Again just for our area

I still think it's a crappy pattern even for BDL. Considering 90% of us live NE of BDL...it's an overall description for the area. Sure they may see sun, but it's kind of an unsettled and cool look to it. Like I said after Friday or Saturday..it should warm up a little as the block retrogrades, but at least 3-4 days next week may be rather ugly for a good portion of the area. I don't mind it early in June. It's humid enough right now, time for a break.

With cold temps aloft...N-NE winds aren't always drizzle and fog...but it will definitely be cool. Any precip will be a function of how the low retros towards the region.

I'll go on record that the Euro is wrong again and next week ends up near normal. Don S has 2nd half of June torching with some monster hot analog yrs. Gibbs says retorch somewhere around June12-14

I'll go on record that the Euro is wrong again and next week ends up near normal. Don S has 2nd half of June torching with some monster hot analog yrs. Gibbs says retorch somewhere around June12-14

GFS has this too, so there is good agreement. It's not drizzle and fog for you every day, but dollars to doughnuts it's below normal for BDL and possibly more cloudy than sunny. Worse for Tolland.

I agree with 2nd half warm up of June...but I'm going to stop short on calling it a big torch.

Tentative:

-NAO collapses by retrograding block through the upper C Maritimes, to where it merges with the semi-permanent tendency for middle lat/lon ridging over N/A. This all happens across the span of about 10 days beginning now. At some point that quasi 50/50 low then migrates up in latitude to take the place of the preceding block; effectively on whole these changes flip the NAO positive. This should lift the latitude of the westerlies over eastern N/A and serve for better success due to larger mass involvement, at getting more of the NE involved with heat. ...Thinking 10th -mid months.

Saturday was foggy? I heard Sunday/Monday were mid summer conditions with record crowds. Nice start to the tourist season for those folks. The economy needs it.

It was simply sensational, I cant believe you did not get down to the RI beaches? Work?

Archived