• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Doldrums of weather heading into June

CoastalWx

This is going to be a wonderful battle, we all know where everyone stands..........after having a very hot start in early May the SFS had a few stumbles along the way mid and late month. The KFS and LLFS had a rough start but finished strong, despite the back to back severe weather debacles that the KFS recently had.

Stumble? I thought last Monday would be a lot worse from 4 days out. Otherwise, the beat goes on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Climo at BDL this time of year is 54/78 or so.

The weather pattern for next week is a total disaster for early June. There is no doubnt about that. The models have an unsettled and cool pattern that really sucks. I'm sure we will find a way to spin the verification to say Scott and I were wrong but as it looks right now the pattern setting up is just about as bad as it gets for JUNE.

Climo at BDL this time of year is 54/78 or so.

The weather pattern for next week is a total disaster for early June. There is no doubnt about that. The models have an unsettled and cool pattern that really sucks. I'm sure we will find a way to spin the verification to say Scott and I were wrong but as it looks right now the pattern setting up is just about as bad as it gets for JUNE.

Thank you.

Your memorial day weekend thoughts were incorrect. Even the best make mistakes, including myself.

That you could see clouds and fog Sunday and Monday? They were thoughts not a forecast. If you recall I said at least Sunday could work out if the front sags south and that's what happened. So yes my worries were wrong, but that's why you discuss possibilities 4-5 days out. Monday I was definitely wrong almost everywhere, It was wonderful.

Thank you.

Who is disputing that next week is cool though?? I do not see anyone doing that, I see Kevin saying that highs at orh of 49 is complete and utter BS, because it is. Thats all I see, everyone agrees its going to be cooler LOL

Thank you.

Yeah by the middle of next week avg highs for the "death valley of SNE" as we all like to say (even though it averages as much snow as BOS) is about 80. There are no 80s being modeled right now.

Self destructing sunshine, lots of clouds, showers, below normal temperatures during the day. Pretty crappy for early June. This time of year is normally some of the best weather of the year (barring a torch) but we are clearly entering a pattern that's much more like early May than early June.

Who is disputing that next week is cool though?? I do not see anyone doing that, I see Kevin saying that highs at orh of 49 is complete and utter BS, because it is. Thats all I see, everyone agrees its going to be cooler LOL

That was a joke. He said highs of upper 50s was BS and that's a legit possibility for Tolland at 1000ft. Certainly ORH.

Yeah by the middle of next week avg highs for the "death valley of SNE" as we all like to say (even though it averages as much snow as BOS) is about 80. There are no 80s being modeled right now.

Self destructing sunshine, lots of clouds, showers, below normal temperatures during the day. Pretty crappy for early June. This time of year is normally some of the best weather of the year (barring a torch) but we are clearly entering a pattern that's much more like early May than early June.

I don't mind how Thursday and Friday look. At least it may be partly sunny..but just cool. Monday-Wednesday look horrible.

That was a joke. He said highs of upper 50s was BS and that's a legit possibility for Tolland at 1000ft. Certainly ORH.

So much sarcasm missed on both sides, I wish we had met already in person, its just flying over our heads...........oh well.

Take care weenies, off to work, while the weather next week might suck, today is as good as it gets, top ten for sure!!!

Downslope dandy :sun:

A What?

Next week looks horrible. What on Earth are you guys looking at? Thursday Friday will have some sun, but it still looks cool with self destructive sun.

don't bother. it doesn't matter. unless it rains and is in the 40s every day next week...it will be spun.

there will be posts about how the sun is breaking through the overcast and it's turning out to be a nice day "AWT"

but of course on the good days reality will be like 66F in the warm spots with just about all of SNE OVC with just a few holes on the visible over parts of the area.

it is what it is.

monday and tuesday look awful. maybe some coastal flooding?

don't bother. it doesn't matter. unless it rains and is in the 40s every day next week...it will be spun.

there will be posts about how the sun is breaking through the overcast and it's turning out to be a nice day "AWT"

but of course on the good days reality will be like 66F in the warm spots with just about all of SNE OVC with just a few holes on the visible over parts of the area.

it is what it is.

Next week definitely looks interesting along the coast. Could be some long duration NE fetch.

it is what it is.

Yeah I see that coming. Weenies will be weenies.

Are the tides high? I didn't even look.

Edit: I just looked. That could be interesting. Coastal flooding from a nor'easter in early June.

Hmmmm, Scooter vs. The KFS/LLMET. One combatant grounded in science and the pure examination of all available data, the other two pie in the sky dreamers prone running about with their weenies out screaming TORCH and HUMIDITY!. My money is on the pro. It' s going to be cool and rainy. Schweet!

line been drawn, lets let it play out folks, personally I think something in between wins out, usually does, and the trend all spring, all year has been for the warmth to win.

Looks like 65-70 here at least with a day or two of showers. Later next week into the weekend look killer.

Yup...

The coolness probably moderates a bit. But should be a bit below for a few days...then more torch???

When does it end?

it is what it is.

This gets old

Hmmmm, Scooter vs. The KFS/LLMET. One combatant grounded in science and the pure examination of all available data, the other two pie in the sky dreamers prone running about with their weenies out screaming TORCH and HUMIDITY!. My money is on the pro. It' s going to be cool and rainy. Schweet!

To be fair to the pie in the sky dreamers, they're riding persistence. Can't really blame them given how stable things have been for so long. This is the kind of pattern where someone with little meteorological knowledge can bet warm and be right ~65-75% of the time.

Good Lord People. Can't there be a discussion without attacking the person?

It's all in good fun... these guys know each other pretty well. Scooter is the new DD, Blizz is Blizz, LL is the anti-MRG

Although I did not realize LL and Coastal had not met.

This morning was great to wake to, Finally a day where I had to close the windows to the ... furnace did not kick on!

HOw about those departures that snowman posted, man facts are such a bore!! Its cold! XXX winter!!!! This year has been bone chilling............no torches past present or future!!!!

LOL

Its incredible out here.........

To be fair to the pie in the sky dreamers, they're riding persistence. Can't really blame them given how stable things have been for so long. This is the kind of pattern where someone with little meteorological knowledge can bet warm and be right ~65-75% of the time.

Hi!

Although I look at the models a bit, I really can't figure them out too well durning non-winter months (and even then it is a "crap chute").

Something's gotta give one of these months, though. Maybe 2013 will be cooler. or 2014...

HOw about those departures that snowman posted, man facts are such a bore!! Its cold! XXX winter!!!! This year has been bone chilling............no torches past present or future!!!!

LOL

Its incredible out here.........

I thought ORH would be +1 or +2 for May. The power of the torch is strong.

+4.4 attm, probably will end right around there, give or take .1

11 months and counting here, with only last June's -0.1 to break it up

Archived