Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skilling talking up big lake breeze storms sunday afternoon.

I don't know about big...but the trends for Sunday aren't looking awful...decent shot at a few tenths.

For S&Gs check out the 12z Canadian..hinting at tropical moisture getting entrained into a nice east west I80 frontal zone.

I don't know about big...but the trends for Sunday aren't looking awful...decent shot at a few tenths.

For S&Gs check out the 12z Canadian..hinting at tropical moisture getting entrained into a nice east west I80 frontal zone.

weak low pressure develops around PIA later sunday afternoon and on the edge of the EML, storms should pop I'd think.

Things seem to have trended away from the eastern Gulf scenario on most modeling, but I'd be cautious until we see a well defined center develop and maintain itself.

Things seem to have trended away from the eastern Gulf scenario on most modeling, but I'd be cautious until we see a well defined center develop and maintain itself.

I'm certainly grasping at straws here...I'm just so ready for something different.

Anyways, one of the most beautiful lake breezes has pushed through...really doesn't get any more comfortable out than it is right now.

For the Indiana peeps, I did a little write up on the three warmest Junes on record (per statewide averages via NCDC). Daily temperatures for six sites for June 1933, 1934, and 1952: http://765weather.bl...-on-record.html

Notice how the West Lafayette numbers (COOP site) run warm, particularly the max temps. Some things never change. :lol:

June 13-14, 1933 must have been a shock to the system. Sandwiched between all of that heat was 64-48 and 66-44 at FWA and 67 and 67 for highs at IND. brrr lol

AT 548 PM EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A STRONG WIND SHIFT BOUNDARY ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM 4 MILES EAST OF YALE TO HOLLY TO FOWLERVILLE... MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 30 MPH.

WINDS GREATER THAN 30 MPH... ARE POSSIBLE WITH THIS BOUNDARY.

* THE WIND SHIFT WILL BE NEAR... ALMONT BY 555 PM EDT... EMMETT AND OXFORD BY 600 PM EDT... ROMEO AND MILFORD BY 615 PM EDT... PONTIAC AND PINCKNEY BY 620 PM EDT... WEST BLOOMFIELD AND ROCHESTER BY 625 PM EDT... RICHMOND AND MARYSVILLE BY 630 PM EDT... WHITMORE LAKE AND SOUTH LYON BY 635 PM EDT...

GUSTY WINDS MAY CAUSE SMALL OBJECTS SUCH AS TRASH BINS TO BLOW AROUND.

LOL I Think that's just funny... THE WIND SHIFT WARNING LOL

Pretty cool thunderstorm outflow boundary pushing inland in SE WI along with the lake breeze boundary. Severe cell heading into Sheboygan County.

Perfect weather this afternoon, partly sunny, mid 70s.

Not sure if I've ever seen two wide t-storm outflow boundaries staggered traveling with a lake breeze boundary before.

T-storm about to hit Saukville!

550428_4227845141310_883547487_n.jpg

Yeah, that was quite a solid OFB. Temps were in the low 80s a couple hours ago, and it is now in the upper 60s, thanks largely to that feature.

Yeah, that was quite a solid OFB. Temps were in the low 80s a couple hours ago, and it is now in the upper 60s, thanks largely to that feature.

That came through here at about 7:40pm. It was already cooler here by the lake, but it is now 69°. Still heading south...

-Turtle: Did not notice any difference in the clouds here. Not sure you'll see the actual boundary or not.

Archived