Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Conference II- Less than 2 wks!

#NoPoles

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of now, I'm still planning to go as I've already paid the fee and want to listen to Kocin, but haven't decided if I'm going for 2 nights or 3. Given that there isn't a whole lot planned for Friday, I may just go for the exhibition on Friday night and all of the events Saturday before departing Sunday morning as I don't want to get bored during conference down time. If there are other unofficial things planned, I may consider coming for all 3 nights. Not sure if there's anything good to see in Baltimore that's not too far from the hotel during down time. As this will be my first conference, I'm kind of disappointed a lot of people from the New England subforum are not planning to go. :(

We'll meet another time, bro.

If I were you, I would not hesitate to go for the entire time....there is no such thing as down time because you get to hang out and put faces to handles.

would this make you not go to a Conference? I'm not trying to be mean or anything...but is the only reason you go to a Conference is because Will goes? cause there are plenty of people here who go to the Conference who consider you a friend, who would be happy to see you if you went...it doesn't make sense if this factored into why you weren't going...

No, but it is a factor.

I don't know about you, but when someone you considered a good friend suddenly ceases to respond to even simple inquiries regarding how he is, it's a little disheartening and puts a damper on things.

Well, if nothing else......at least I got to clear some dead weight from my FB friend list.

LOL! You and Kevin handled this very well. Kudos. What I want to know is how could the other conference attendees be so mean? They just left the poor SNE'ers to sit alone at a table and then alone in their rooms. Why weren't these people friendly? Shouldn't they have come over and introduced themselves and made the SNE'ers feel welcome? Whenever new people come to our gtg's they are welcomed with open arms. I know I was made to feel welcomed by all of you. I didn't realize some people could be so cold.

Diane, I'm not sure what on Earth you are talking about.

I've seen it fit to take a year off and focus on getting my $hit together and frankly I don't care whether or not you deem that an acceptable reason for not attending. Kevin has more important trips with his family to allocate his resources toward.... "boycott"? You are delusional......all of this because we are remiss that we will not be attending and would still like to see some of the guys?

He and I have supported these conferences as avidly as anyone and have made friends from other regions, though we do tend to spend the most time within our core group, as everyone does.

I suspect where you are coming from with your "and when we went to lunch they would sit at their own table and never mix it up" dribble is that one particular board member, who happens to be a good friend of your's, supplied us with her yearly dose of conference drama last year and pouted when she could not sit with her boyfriend at lunch, and proceeded to make a seen in public that the boyfirend was able to quickly and thankfully quell. Not our fault that she has unresolved insecurities born of past failed relationships. This is not all that I find laughable.

The ultimate irony in your post is that you accuse us of being elitist, then in the very same breath proceed to demean us because we "contributed nothing to the weather community".......excuse me, but in exactly how many presentations did you participate?? Guess what, the vast majority didin't participate in any either. I suggest you take a poll and see whose posts are valued more during a winter weather event, ours, or yours.....let me know what you come up with.

You're relatively new to this board and my guess is that you are using it, along with the conference, as a vehicle to direct your thoughts away from other facets of your life that haven't quite "phased" as of yet....fine, join the club. It's cool that you want to be excessivley boisterous and make a new thread everytime another week clicks off of your countdown, but kindly refrain from attacking my friends and me.

Thanks.

actually, this is the same countdown thread...I just amended the title/subtitle.

I am not the only one who believes you started your thread with malicious intent, as I'm sure you have read the responses in your thread. My response in this thread was to a poster who actually thought, because of the negativity coming from you and a few others, that SNE was actually ganging up to boycott the Conference...I wanted to make it unmistakenly clear that this was not the case...

My life is not perfect, and I am ok with that. But it falls within the Bell Curve of "Normal"

regarding the subject of Will that you and Kevin brought up...I know nothing of that, I am not the reason he isn't responding to your inquiries...Yes, I did notice he doesn't post much anymore...Please do not insinuate I have "insider info" or that I have any influence over Will's personal decisions, that is laughable.

in response to your Facebook comment...in the beginning we were both mutual friends, then I defriended you and we weren't Facebook friends...then we were friends again...and then you defriended me...we are equal on that front, no sense in trying to use it to one-up the other...

And it wasn't even about you! Yowzah indeed

Well, Diane reported a post I made early in the thread. I didn't think it was anything too objectionable but she felt she needed to 'report' it. I wish she had just Pm'd me to ask if I'd delete it. Of course I would have. I like Diane but I have to assume she has turned on her own to curry favor with the DBM crew. Too bad. I enjoyed speaking with her at the last gtg. I had no idea she harbored such resentment for the SNE crew.

reporting a post is about the lamest thing a person can do.

About as lame as making an accusation of a report being made when it never happen. So much for ski marge being truthful and genuine in regards to a stopping the drama, calling a truce and ending his endless rants and fanning flames.

About as lame as making an accusation of a report being made when it never happen. So much for ski marge being truthful and genuine in regards to a stopping the drama, calling a truce and ending his endless rants and fanning flames.

Would you like me to post Diane's PM to me explaining why she reported my post?(with Diane's permission of course.) You don't have a clue so why don't you stay out of it until you have one.

Easy cowboy. I dont get involved in this drama bull****, I hardly ever post in OT, its beyond boring, and I have a life. I am saying in general that reporting a post is ****ing lame.

Also, as a moderator, do you think it is good form to call a member by a derisive name as you did in the above post? You obviously have a bias against me as illustrated by your antagonistic post. Oh, and to be fair, Diane said she was also reporting a post by BXEngine, also in this very thread. I await your apology.

actually, this is the same countdown thread...I just amended the title/subtitle.

I am not the only one who believes you started your thread with malicious intent, as I'm sure you have read the responses in your thread. My response in this thread was to a poster who actually thought, because of the negativity coming from you and a few others, that SNE was actually ganging up to boycott the Conference...I wanted to make it unmistakenly clear that this was not the case...

My life is not perfect, and I am ok with that. But it falls within the Bell Curve of "Normal"

regarding the subject of Will that you and Kevin brought up...I know nothing of that, I am not the reason he isn't responding to your inquiries...Yes, I did notice he doesn't post much anymore...Please do not insinuate I have "insider info" or that I have any influence over Will's personal decisions, that is laughable.

in response to your Facebook comment...in the beginning we were both mutual friends, then I defriended you and we weren't Facebook friends...then we were friends again...and then you defriended me...we are equal on that front, no sense in trying to use it to one-up the other...

I'm sure Randy hasn't bribed you to promote this conference.

Archived