• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Conference II- Less than 2 wks!

#NoPoles

I'm sure Randy hasn't bribed you to promote this conference.

That is a correct statement. Randy has not bribed me to promote the Conference. The initiative was mine, because I support this community, I support and recognize all the hard work the staff does so that this community may exist and that those of us with "the sickness" have a place to come and nerd out...and I had a wonderful time at the Conference...I had such a wonderful time at the Conference that I have shared my Conference experiences and pictures with others who are not members of this community and have encouraged them to attend as well.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a correct statement. Randy has not bribed me to promote the Conference. The initiative was mine, because I support this community, I support and recognize all the hard work the staff does so that this community may exist and that those of us with "the sickness" have a place to come and nerd out...and I had a wonderful time at the Conference...I had such a wonderful time at the Conference that I have shared my Conference experiences and pictures with others who are not members of this community and have encouraged them to attend as well.

Noted.

Well, Diane reported a post I made early in the thread. I didn't think it was anything too objectionable but she felt she needed to 'report' it. I wish she had just Pm'd me to ask if I'd delete it. Of course I would have. I like Diane but I have to assume she has turned on her own to curry favor with the DBM crew. Too bad. I enjoyed speaking with her at the last gtg. I had no idea she harbored such resentment for the SNE crew.

I do not harbor any resentment towards SNE...

Enough is enough...

My one post was not an attack, but in response to an entire thread started with malicious intent by Ray, which by the way, I never posted in. I made one post, in a thread I started, because another poster (in the thread I started, not in Ray's) was under the impression that all or most of SNE was boycotting the Conference because of the other thread. My post was to make it unmistakenly clear that while perhaps 2-3 members were boycotting the Conference, the majority from SNE who couldn't go, couldn't go because of "IRL" reasons...

Ray took heat in his thread for starting it, I knew my one post in my thread was going to take heat as well...

Oh, just to get this all out the open, I am friends with people from the Mid-Atlantic, and I am friends with people at DBM...I am also friends with people from NC, NY, PA, NE, TX, SC, MD, NJ, AK, CO, CA, I am also friends with people who are not a part of this community and many other states that are outside the New England subforum...

I, too, enjoyed chatting with you at the G2G and looking at family pics and pics at 2k...I still think you have a beautiful family and I still think 2k is amazing (it always will be) The fact that we disagree at this very moment in time, has no effect on my past experience...I enjoyed meeting you...

I do not harbor any resentment towards SNE...

Enough is enough...

My one post was not an attack, but in response to an entire thread started with malicious intent by Ray, which by the way, I never posted in. I made one post, in a thread I started, because another poster (in the thread I started, not in Ray's) was under the impression that all or most of SNE was boycotting the Conference because of the other thread. My post was to make it unmistakenly clear that while perhaps 2-3 members were boycotting the Conference, the majority from SNE who couldn't go, couldn't go because of "IRL" reasons...

Ray took heat in his thread for starting it, I knew my one post in my thread was going to take heat as well...

Oh, just to get this all out the open, I am friends with people from the Mid-Atlantic, and I am friends with people at DBM...I am also friends with people from NC, NY, PA, NE, TX, SC, MD, NJ, AK, CO, CA, I am also friends with people who are not a part of this community and many other states that are outside the New England subforum...

I, too, enjoyed chatting with you at the G2G and looking at family pics and pics at 2k...I still think you have a beautiful family and I still think 2k is amazing (it always will be) The fact that we disagree at this very moment in time, has no effect on my past experience...I enjoyed meeting you...

You're still cool in my book Diane. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the next GTG. Oh, please tell that busy body SRain that he's all wet. Time to tee off. Later. Peace.

Also, as a moderator, do you think it is good form to call a member by a derisive name as you did in the above post? You obviously have a bias against me as illustrated by your antagonistic post. Oh, and to be fair, Diane said she was also reporting a post by BXEngine, also in this very thread. I await your apology.

But it is ok for you to do it?

LOL! You and Kevin handled this very well. Kudos. What I want to know is how could the other conference attendees be so mean? They just left the poor SNE'ers to sit alone at a table and then alone in their rooms. Why weren't these people friendly? Shouldn't they have come over and introduced themselves and made the SNE'ers feel welcome? Whenever new people come to our gtg's they are welcomed with open arms. I know I was made to feel welcomed by all of you. I didn't realize some people could be so cold.

I don't manipulate my friend list as a means by which to claim victory in some deranged, illusory competition or sort....I do so in an effort to no longer hear from, or correspond with those whom I no longer have an interest in doing so.

Pretty simple.

Didn't seem to me like the post in question was made in an effort to "clear the air".....the author seemed to have had her mind made up regarding my motive for starting that thread.

Do I blame those who perceived it that way, not at all......but there was no need for that post and as you can see, I'm not the only one who felt that someone was/is off of their rocker.

I'm sure Randy hasn't bribed you to promote this conference.

He would never need to.....attending hose conferences opened my world up and I've met some of my best friends by doing so, though apparently not quite as many as I had thought and that is most unfortunate.

Kev, Will and I were always in agreement that the car rides to and from the event were funnest part of the entire experience, so I'm sorry that my decision not to attend based on the loss of that dynamic, along with my life's present state of flux, has apparently drawn the ire of so many. I really just didn't think this was a big deal.

This is not a "whoa is me, sob story, sympathy search" post....but there has apparently been a great deal of curiosity regarding why I, along with some others, have chosen not to attend and I'm just trying to offer up an explanation.

There is no issue with anyone or any particular subforum or contigent of posters.......nor does it have anything to do at all with the manner in which the board is run by Admin./mods.

He just keeps getting a rise out of all the same posters. :lol:

I hope that they catch on to his act sooner rather than later.

Or Ski can just stop acting like a douche and the reading of the forum would be a lot better ;)

Not to mention I havent responded to one of his posts in months

This is what happens when the weather is so boring. Even Pete has no snow to follow. For some people it's better to mostly stay away from the board in such difficult times. About 7 weeks from now things will look up ...we get into August with slowly cooling nights, canes to track, etc.

Or Ski can just stop acting like a douche and the reading of the forum would be a lot better ;)

It's precious how no matter what Merge says or does, a certain few here go on thinking it funny that their own subforum's rep has suffered. If it took money to make them keep up the Merge support, I'd contribute. But they cheer and enable Merge for free. It's who they are.

This is what happens when the weather is so boring. Even Pete has no snow to follow. For some people it's better to mostly stay away from the board in such difficult times. About 7 weeks from now things will look up ...we get into August with slowly cooling nights, canes to track, etc.

Rick!!

Boy, I needed a post from you...reminds me that the days start growing shorter in just 10 days....

It's precious how no matter what Merge says or does, a certain few here go on thinking it funny that their own subforum's rep has suffered. If it took money to make them keep up the Merge support, I'd contribute. But they cheer and enable Merge for free. It's who they are.

Dude, who cares....it's an internet subfrom....I won't lose any sleep knowing that you and a few others will say mean things about me at your next DBM circle jerk. :lol:

Put a weenie in your pipe and smoke it. :pimp:

If it's so unimportant, what are you doing here starring in the show?

Entertainent and information.....have some good friends on this site and when we actually have interesting weather, it's a great source of accurate and timely info.

Even during the down time....all it takes is for someone to mention a date in time to spark up a great convo.

Feb 6-8, 1978.

Go.

Entertainent and information.....have some good friends on this site and when we actually have interesting weather, it's a great source of accurate and timely info.

Even during the down time....all it takes is for someone to mention a date in time to spark up a great convo.

Feb 6-8, 1978.

Go.

I was re-reading the SNE Dec 2007 rush-hour event thread on EUSWX the other day and man that's a classic. I'll post the link when I get home, but that was a weather board at it's prime...

The posts between 40/70, ORH, Blizz, and CTRain among others are great...no off-topic joking even...just fantastic analysis. I'm pretty sure Will posted 10 times an hour for like 36 hours straight. Hopefully he'll be back like old times cause his New England analysis is unreplaceable. Everyone meshed good back then with no drama and it comes out in the posts. No petty regional comments, no one fighting for snow.

Hopefully we can have some more threads like that in the future.

Archived