• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Conference II- Less than 2 wks!

#NoPoles

i can't believe Conference II is only 7wks away!!!! if there are people still on the fence about going, please please please come to the Conference and meet new friends and catch up with old friends and have a great time nerding out and eating and drinking and chatting...it really is worth it!!! :)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

47 days from tonight and i will be drinking and livin it up with some great peeps!!! some of whom i haven't seen in a year and i miss dearly...and some of whom will become new friends and hopefully will be lifelong friends!

Hope you have a great time Diane. I was thinking of going but I think it might end badly. I picture something like what happens here from about the 6:00 to 9:00 mark.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNko7L5QT94

lols, conferences are drama free zones! no one seems to believe me...people behave differently online then they do IRL...i am very much looking forward to seeing those people who i probably chat with almost everyday on here, but live too far away...

lols, conferences are drama free zones! no one seems to believe me...people behave differently online then they do IRL...i am very much looking forward to seeing those people who i probably chat with almost everyday on here, but live too far away...

Bingo Diane. Looking forward to seeing all my SNE friends! ;)

Bingo Diane. Looking forward to seeing all my SNE friends! ;)

you best gear up with pics and get those stories ready of all those hurricanes survived!!! we have to pack a years worth of friendship into one insane weekend! :) see you in 46 days my friend! i have missed you every day since i last saw you! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Crap, it's only 5 wks away!!! I Will be in B-More by 2pm on Thurs 5wks from now!!! Very much looking forward to seeing so many people...we have so many friends in this community spread out over a great distance, Conference is really the only way to get to see our far-away friends...I still think once a year is not nearly enough! 365 days is way too long to have to wait to only get to spend 3 days with friends...but it's all I've got so I'll take it and make the best of it...and then start missing everyone for another 365 days!

Holy Crap, it's only 5 wks away!!! I Will be in B-More by 2pm on Thurs 5wks from now!!! Very much looking forward to seeing so many people...we have so many friends in this community spread out over a great distance, Conference is really the only way to get to see our far-away friends...I still think once a year is not nearly enough! 365 days is way too long to have to wait to only get to spend 3 days with friends...but it's all I've got so I'll take it and make the best of it...and then start missing everyone for another 365 days!

Please have multiple LIITS in my honor. TB just called and said to say hey to everyone.

As of now, I'm still planning to go as I've already paid the fee and want to listen to Kocin, but haven't decided if I'm going for 2 nights or 3. Given that there isn't a whole lot planned for Friday, I may just go for the exhibition on Friday night and all of the events Saturday before departing Sunday morning as I don't want to get bored during conference down time. If there are other unofficial things planned, I may consider coming for all 3 nights. Not sure if there's anything good to see in Baltimore that's not too far from the hotel during down time. As this will be my first conference, I'm kind of disappointed a lot of people from the New England subforum are not planning to go. :(

As of now, I'm still planning to go as I've already paid the fee and want to listen to Kocin, but haven't decided if I'm going for 2 nights or 3. Given that there isn't a whole lot planned for Friday, I may just go for the exhibition on Friday night and all of the events Saturday before departing Sunday morning as I don't want to get bored during conference down time. If there are other unofficial things planned, I may consider coming for all 3 nights. Not sure if there's anything good to see in Baltimore that's not too far from the hotel during down time. As this will be my first conference, I'm kind of disappointed a lot of people from the New England subforum are not planning to go. :(

first off, let me tell you something...there will always be something to keep you busy...you won't get bored...just because it's not planned out minute by minute doesn't mean we will sitting around staring at eachother twiddling our thumbs...

and 2nd of all, forget about the negatively vocal SNE guys...the ones who are being negative didn't contribute anything worthwhile to the Conference experience last year, anyways...and I am being brutally honest and not exaggerating...it's best that they aren't going!

last year, a lot of the SNE guys didn't socialize with anyone one else but themselves...they picked a room and hung out in there with their beer tub and didn't socialize wth anyone but their SNE Clique...and when we went to lunch they would sit at their own table and never mix it up...they came down the the sports bar/pub in the evening a few times, but again they stuck together and instead of chatting with the rest of us they sat at the bar and oggled the random women and tried to flirt it up with them...they contributed nothing to the weather community...didn't care about establishing new relationships with people outside their SNE clique...so, if they want to pout and be negative and cry butthurt and not go to Conference, well the HONEST TO GOD TRUTH IS: IT'S SO MUCH BETTER FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY THEY AREN'T GOING IF THAT'S THE ATTITUDE THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE!

now, by all means, I would love it if the some of those SNE guys could change their attitude and realize that SNE is no more important than the rest of the community, and stop trying to pretend that SNE is so much more important...weather doesn't discriminate, it happens everywhere...I wish those guys could realize it's not about feeling important or trying to be the best, it's about all of us together being a community, it's about friendships, it's about realizing that Conference time is probably the only time we will meet other people from the AMWX community who don't live in or subforum region...it's about being wxweenies together...cause face it, the majority of the population does not share our sickness, nor understand it...

I am going, Eleanor is going, Bob is going...I know there are more from New England going, and just because that SNE G2G Thread started implies so many people from SNE decied to boycott the Conference, it's all a facade...basically some of the New England folks who have gone in the past but can't go now have legitimate reasons- family obligations, money, work obligations...and the truth is, I can only think of 2 SNE people who are pouting and butthurt who have decided to boycott the Conference who might normally go...the rest who can't go, just can't go because of normal life reasons...the rest who might be crying butthurt have never gone to a Conference before, so the fact that they are saying they would "definitely go, but will not go because of "Insert Your Drama Of Choice" that has happened on the board is a giant stinking crock of YOU-KNOW-WHAT!

My past experience down there, I took the free shuttle from the hotel to the airport and took the train into Balt inner Harbor, went to Camden Yards twice and the inner Harbor Aquarium and other sites and had a ball. Pretty cheap too.

Are you serious?

IDK what she is talking about as I spent most of my time talking with all my old friends and I know you guys did too. Matter of fact I think we got warned because so many folks were in one room and being loud and it was not just SNE folks. I certainly am not aware of anyone being butthurt. I know my decision is purely financial and work stuff. Sometimes the made up drama is just too much.

I kind of wish I was going. I always enjoyed the conference the best one being 2005 when I flew in Friday afternoon..ate at the group dinner Friday night, enjoyed the wx presentations Saturday and the dinner Saturday night before flying back mid day Sunday. That was the year I bought zwyts dinner based on the bet of the January 2005 blizzard. I busted low 5 days out...lol. I still owe messenger. I went again in 2006 but only attended the Saturday day events as my family was with me and we were staying with friends in bethesda. I still remember following weather53 in his big boat of a car to the lunch spot..lol. I went to the Providence meeting but by then time was already an issue with me and i only spent a few hours there. Life now is such that I just don't have 2-3 days I can give to ths type of venture but that will change at some point again and maybe I'll be able to return to the conferences...always a fun event.

I kind of wish I was going. I always enjoyed the conference the best one being 2005 when I flew in Friday afternoon..ate at the group dinner Friday night, enjoyed the wx presentations Saturday and the dinner Saturday night before flying back mid day Sunday. That was the year I bought zwyts dinner based on the bet of the January 2005 blizzard. I busted low 5 days out...lol. I still owe messenger. I went again in 2006 but only attended the Saturday day events as my family was with me and we were staying with friends in bethesda. I still remember following weather53 in his big boat of a car to the lunch spot..lol. I went to the Providence meeting but by then time was already an issue with me and i only spent a few hours there. Life now is such that I just don't have 2-3 days I can give to ths type of venture but that will change at some point again and maybe I'll be able to return to the conferences...always a fun event.

Yea Jerry I was in his car with Matt that day, crazy ride. 06 was my favorite with the HPC guided tour and Dfuzz, Meow Jeremy and crew, Robocop and all. I am going to miss it dearly.

Yea Jerry I was in his car with Matt that day, crazy ride. 06 was my favorite with the HPC guided tour and Dfuzz, Meow Jeremy and crew, Robocop and all. I am going to miss it dearly.

A

Dfuzz was the first person who greeted me at the 2005 conference. Very sad to lose him..,he was a thoroughbred.

Unfortunately right now, the decision for me to go or not go is not in my hands. We are hoping that a medical issue in my family (nothing serious, just tedious) fixes itself in time for me to attend.

Is it possible to sign up sort of "last minute"? I would assume the biggest issue would be food, so I am fine paying my own way on that end and not eating "conference food". I would guess rooms would sell out as well.

How has this (last minute arrivals) worked out in the past?

If I bring Pete do I get a discount?

I am glad I went to that one. I met you, Jerry and many others I had wanted to meet.

Archived