Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Conference II- Less than 2 wks!

#NoPoles

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish we could get some more NNE folks to go :) i see powderfreak lurking...such a big contributor! would love to meet you! you seem to be the only one who still gets snow! ;)

Yeah it's just not really an option during the tourist seasons (ie June-Mid Oct, and Mid Nov-mid-April)... I just can't take weekends off during that time. It is what it is in this industry but I'm left with about 4-6 weeks off in the spring and late fall.

My goal is to catch a SNE get together one of these times.

first off, let me tell you something...there will always be something to keep you busy...you won't get bored...just because it's not planned out minute by minute doesn't mean we will sitting around staring at eachother twiddling our thumbs...

and 2nd of all, forget about the negatively vocal SNE guys...the ones who are being negative didn't contribute anything worthwhile to the Conference experience last year, anyways...and I am being brutally honest and not exaggerating...it's best that they aren't going!

last year, a lot of the SNE guys didn't socialize with anyone one else but themselves...they picked a room and hung out in there with their beer tub and didn't socialize wth anyone but their SNE Clique...and when we went to lunch they would sit at their own table and never mix it up...they came down the the sports bar/pub in the evening a few times, but again they stuck together and instead of chatting with the rest of us they sat at the bar and oggled the random women and tried to flirt it up with them...they contributed nothing to the weather community...didn't care about establishing new relationships with people outside their SNE clique...so, if they want to pout and be negative and cry butthurt and not go to Conference, well the HONEST TO GOD TRUTH IS: IT'S SO MUCH BETTER FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY THEY AREN'T GOING IF THAT'S THE ATTITUDE THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE!

now, by all means, I would love it if the some of those SNE guys could change their attitude and realize that SNE is no more important than the rest of the community, and stop trying to pretend that SNE is so much more important...weather doesn't discriminate, it happens everywhere...I wish those guys could realize it's not about feeling important or trying to be the best, it's about all of us together being a community, it's about friendships, it's about realizing that Conference time is probably the only time we will meet other people from the AMWX community who don't live in or subforum region...it's about being wxweenies together...cause face it, the majority of the population does not share our sickness, nor understand it...

I am going, Eleanor is going, Bob is going...I know there are more from New England going, and just because that SNE G2G Thread started implies so many people from SNE decied to boycott the Conference, it's all a facade...basically some of the New England folks who have gone in the past but can't go now have legitimate reasons- family obligations, money, work obligations...and the truth is, I can only think of 2 SNE people who are pouting and butthurt who have decided to boycott the Conference who might normally go...the rest who can't go, just can't go because of normal life reasons...the rest who might be crying butthurt have never gone to a Conference before, so the fact that they are saying they would "definitely go, but will not go because of "Insert Your Drama Of Choice" that has happened on the board is a giant stinking crock of YOU-KNOW-WHAT!

Who are you referring to with this absolutely obnoxious post?

I mean that is one of the nastiest, d-bag/bitchiest types of posts I have seen from anyone.

I dunno, I've learned some sh*t that really is backstabbish and disappointing. I have no opinion one way or the other about D's post.

At least be consistent and call out ALL the dbag posts.

Finally, I'm really disappointed you're not going. Despite our clashes, you know I like you. And I would never tell you this otherwise, but your bitching and moaning about dates does factor in my decision when the conference takes place. I do it out of deference to your extreme past loyalty to every conference. You were my number 1 conference whore. Same thing this yet wrt dates. And then I find out you're not going. I understand your reasoning. Enjoy the gtg.

I dunno, I've learned some sh*t that really is backstabbish and disappointing. I have no opinion one way or the other about D's post.

At least be consistent and call out ALL the dbag posts.

Finally, I'm really disappointed you're not going. Despite our clashes, you know I like you. And I would never tell you this otherwise, but your bitching and moaning about dates does factor in my decision when the conference takes place. I do it out of deference to your extreme past loyalty to every conference. You were my number 1 conference whore. Same thing this yet wrt dates. And then I find out you're not going. I understand your reasoning. Enjoy the gtg.

I've learned some things too..about some folks on here I thought were my friends. And this whole thread proves Ray and I were 100% right about why Will isn't allowed to be friends with us anymore.

Enjoy your conference this year.

I've learned some things too..about some folks on here I thought were my friends. And this whole thread proves Ray and I were 100% right about why Will isn't allowed to be friends with us anymore.

I have zero clue about the will thing. He hasn't returned my texts either. No idea what is going on

would this make you not go to a Conference? I'm not trying to be mean or anything...but is the only reason you go to a Conference is because Will goes? cause there are plenty of people here who go to the Conference who consider you a friend, who would be happy to see you if you went...it doesn't make sense if this factored into why you weren't going...

I mean that is one of the nastiest, d-bag/bitchiest types of posts I have seen from anyone.

i'm sorry that's what you took away from my post...I guess what it boils down too, my perception of Ray's thread is the same as your perception of my post...

and just like my post bothered you, so you said something, Ray's thread bothered me so I said something...i guess we are equal there...

would this make you not go to a Conference? I'm not trying to be mean or anything...but is the only reason you go to a Conference is because Will goes? cause there are plenty of people here who go to the Conference who consider you a friend, who would be happy to see you if you went...it doesn't make sense if this factored into why you weren't going...

There are so many things I want to say here, but I am going to take high road. You spewed all of these lies in your obnoxious post. And it takes all I've got to not lash out at your lies, and idiocies, but I am going to. Enjoy the conference.

Who are you referring to with this absolutely obnoxious post?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but an inflammatory post that detailed and long and does not directly point out who he or she is speaking about it is awfully weak. You go to lengths like that, you better be ready to go face to face with someone.

Just wasn't a cool post at all imho

:huh:

Doesn't Will decide who he can and can't be friends with? Who would not "allow" him?

first off, let me tell you something...there will always be something to keep you busy...you won't get bored...just because it's not planned out minute by minute doesn't mean we will sitting around staring at eachother twiddling our thumbs...

and 2nd of all, forget about the negatively vocal SNE guys...the ones who are being negative didn't contribute anything worthwhile to the Conference experience last year, anyways...and I am being brutally honest and not exaggerating...it's best that they aren't going!

last year, a lot of the SNE guys didn't socialize with anyone one else but themselves...they picked a room and hung out in there with their beer tub and didn't socialize wth anyone but their SNE Clique...and when we went to lunch they would sit at their own table and never mix it up...they came down the the sports bar/pub in the evening a few times, but again they stuck together and instead of chatting with the rest of us they sat at the bar and oggled the random women and tried to flirt it up with them...they contributed nothing to the weather community...didn't care about establishing new relationships with people outside their SNE clique...so, if they want to pout and be negative and cry butthurt and not go to Conference, well the HONEST TO GOD TRUTH IS: IT'S SO MUCH BETTER FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY THEY AREN'T GOING IF THAT'S THE ATTITUDE THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE!

now, by all means, I would love it if the some of those SNE guys could change their attitude and realize that SNE is no more important than the rest of the community, and stop trying to pretend that SNE is so much more important...weather doesn't discriminate, it happens everywhere...I wish those guys could realize it's not about feeling important or trying to be the best, it's about all of us together being a community, it's about friendships, it's about realizing that Conference time is probably the only time we will meet other people from the AMWX community who don't live in or subforum region...it's about being wxweenies together...cause face it, the majority of the population does not share our sickness, nor understand it...

I am going, Eleanor is going, Bob is going...I know there are more from New England going, and just because that SNE G2G Thread started implies so many people from SNE decied to boycott the Conference, it's all a facade...basically some of the New England folks who have gone in the past but can't go now have legitimate reasons- family obligations, money, work obligations...and the truth is, I can only think of 2 SNE people who are pouting and butthurt who have decided to boycott the Conference who might normally go...the rest who can't go, just can't go because of normal life reasons...the rest who might be crying butthurt have never gone to a Conference before, so the fact that they are saying they would "definitely go, but will not go because of "Insert Your Drama Of Choice" that has happened on the board is a giant stinking crock of YOU-KNOW-WHAT!

wow

Diane, I'm not sure what on Earth you are talking about.

I've seen it fit to take a year off and focus on getting my $hit together and frankly I don't care whether or not you deem that an acceptable reason for not attending. Kevin has more important trips with his family to allocate his resources toward.... "boycott"? You are delusional......all of this because we are remiss that we will not be attending and would still like to see some of the guys?

He and I have supported these conferences as avidly as anyone and have made friends from other regions, though we do tend to spend the most time within our core group, as everyone does.

I suspect where you are coming from with your "and when we went to lunch they would sit at their own table and never mix it up" dribble is that one particular board member, who happens to be a good friend of your's, supplied us with her yearly dose of conference drama last year and pouted when she could not sit with her boyfriend at lunch, and proceeded to make a seen in public that the boyfirend was able to quickly and thankfully quell. Not our fault that she has unresolved insecurities born of past failed relationships. This is not all that I find laughable.

The ultimate irony in your post is that you accuse us of being elitist, then in the very same breath proceed to demean us because we "contributed nothing to the weather community".......excuse me, but in exactly how many presentations did you participate?? Guess what, the vast majority didin't participate in any either. I suggest you take a poll and see whose posts are valued more during a winter weather event, ours, or yours.....let me know what you come up with.

You're relatively new to this board and my guess is that you are using it, along with the conference, as a vehicle to direct your thoughts away from other facets of your life that haven't quite "phased" as of yet....fine, join the club. It's cool that you want to be excessivley boisterous and make a new thread everytime another week clicks off of your countdown, but kindly refrain from attacking my friends and me.

Thanks.

Archived