Newest Member
    amirah5
Early May (1st-7th) Severe Chances

Stebo

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like some pretty strong winds in Genesee

2238 UNK 3 WSW FLINT GENESEE MI 4300 8375 8 INCH DIAMETER TREES DOWNED. SHED DESTROYED. (DTX)

2239 UNK 4 WSW FLINT GENESEE MI 4300 8376 GARAGE COLLAPSE (DTX)

2240 UNK 3 WSW FLINT GENESEE MI 4300 8375 45 FOOT TOWER DOWNED. (DTX)

2241 UNK 5 SW FLINT GENESEE MI 4297 8375 SMALL AIRPLANE BLOWN OVER. (DTX)

2243 70 2 SSE FLINT GENESEE MI 4299 8368 (DTX)

Wayland damage report:

0855 PM TORNADO 4 NE WAYLAND 41.19N 91.60W

05/03/2012 WASHINGTON IA TRAINED SPOTTER

HEAVY DAMAGE AT 3229 SPRUCE AVE ABOUT 4 MILES NORTHEAST

OF WAYLAND. RELAYED BY SPOTTER. TIME ESTIMATED.

0850 PM TORNADO 2 NE WAYLAND 41.17N 91.63W

05/03/2012 WASHINGTON IA PUBLIC

TORNADO WENT OVER THE RESIDENCE AT 2711 330TH ST ABOUT 2

MILES NORTHEAST OF WAYLAND. TIME ESTIMATED. RELAYED 911

CALL FROM WASHINGTON COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE.

It's heading straight at me tonight. I can already hear the thunder... woke me up out of bed. Granger/ South Bend, IN - located on I-80 east of Chicago. Looks like the bulk right now is still southwest of Chicago. Looks like going to pass south of Chicago?? At least looks like that right now.

Looking on the radar, it looks like quite the lightning show west of Joliet!

It's heading straight at me tonight. I can already hear the thunder... woke me up out of bed. Granger/ South Bend, IN - located on I-80 east of Chicago. Looks like the bulk right now is still southwest of Chicago. Looks like going to pass south of Chicago?? At least looks like that right now.

Looking on the radar, it looks like quite the lightning show west of Joliet!

Looks like from I-88/I-290 south will be the focus for most of these storms. Long night for the southern half of the metro!

Edit: Few storms fired up in NW IL. Might see something tonight yet!

4th round of storms, still with tons of lightning. Surprised that there's still any juice left.

More coming too, check out the radar back South of Grand Rapids

As for my night I am back home now, ended up with a couple of severe hail reports, 1.50" then 2.00" out by Jackson and 1.00" North of Manchester. All and all a good night.

I was just reading up on what I missed tonight, saw what you posted about Wayland.

They had a rough time of it in that town!

Looks like the northern fringe of this complex is trying to edge northward.

Some power outages in the Quad Cities.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/more-than-without-power-in-q-c-region/article_ebb69022-95a0-11e1-bdba-001a4bcf887a.html

Sunday looks like it could be a rather active day across the Miss/Ohio River Valleys & Midwest

Models are pretty aggressive with low level moisture. GFS has mid 70s dewpoints into IL with the NAM not far behind. The mid MS Valley area was in the day 4 outlook and I'd guess that there will be a slight risk eastward into the Ohio Valley when the new day 3 comes out.

4th round of storms, still with tons of lightning. Surprised that there's still any juice left.

I lost track of how many cells have trained through here. Had one strike that sounded like it was literally outside the window, and the rain just keeps on coming. Cells just keep popping up. I'm surprised there's still power!

Ended up chasing the storm north of Peoria earlier this eve. Storm struggled early on, but finally began to take off and became quite dominant for awhile. Didn't have the goods to produce any tornadogenesis though. It did have a nice, blocky wall cloud associated with it as dusk approached. Didn't see any rotation whatsoever with it though.

Even though we didn't really get too close to seeing a tornado the chase was still pretty entertaining. The light show on the way back home was awesome to say the least. The incoming Iowa supercells were putting out a ton of lightning. Nice anvil crawling lightning too out of the front side of the incoming supercell canopy.

sweetsauce2.jpg

It can stop raining here in Genesee Co. ANY FRICKNI' TIME now! It's been pouring here for all of 8 hours and just when you think it might let up, new cells appear in the St Johns/Owosso/Alma area and just mosey on down for a spell.

I've got 3 pumps going and it's just holding at around 4 inches of water in the lower level. It might actually recede a bit if it would only stop raining. And I can't even try to count how many really close lightning strikes there has been. You really notice them when you're standing in ankle deep water in a half-basement three feet below grade.... with an electric pump in hand.

Flash flood warning for Genesee and Shiawassee counties. Most gauges in the area are nearing the yellow range.

Did ya ever see lightning flash but you aren't near a window? The loud POP and sizzle noise that follows immediately is sure to wake you up, especially when standing in water as outlined above.

Let's see... we've had around six floods here since 2009. I believe this time I've finally lost my mind because I'm calmly just hoping an asteroid falls on this house rather than stressing about the flood.

0430 AM FLOOD SWARTZ CREEK 42.96N 83.83W

05/04/2012 GENESEE MI BROADCAST MEDIA

SEVERE FLOODING WAS REPORTED AT THE APPLE CREEK APARTMENT

COMPLEX. MANY RESIDENTS HAD TO EVACUATE AS THE WATER ROSE

SEVERAL FEET DEEP.

0440 AM HEAVY RAIN 5 SSE FLINT 42.96N 83.67W

05/04/2012 M4.82 INCH GENESEE MI COCORAHS

11 HOUR RAINFALL TOTAL. FLOODING REPORTED THROUGHOUT MUCH

OF THE COUNTY.

Eleven hours and still raining.

Archived