Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Most frightening Tornado videos on YouTube

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is spooky. I found it eery watching the lights flicker out once they pass Lowes with the tornado baring down in the background. I'm guessing a lot of these businesses in the beginning were wiped out.

Yeah they were, everything until about 2:44 in the video was wiped out.

Silver Lining tours was the chase company and the co-owner, Dr. David Gold said it was the scariest experience they have ever had. They stopped in Joplin to get gas because the cell they were chasing (the northern supercell) was dying when the 2nd cell rapidly developed and they had about 45 seconds to spare when they were clear of the path.

The guy who mentioned taking shelter in Home Depot is chilling, considering Home Depot was flattened.

This is spooky. I found it eery watching the lights flicker out once they pass Lowes with the tornado baring down in the background. I'm guessing a lot of these businesses in the beginning were wiped out.

I am amazed that so many people were on the road with that monster tornado not far away.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a real treasure from the tornado that hit Grand Isle, LA, last week. Skip ahead to 4:35, when the funnel passes so close that the house right across the street blows apart. It's spectacular, graphic footage-- some of the best I've seen-- the kind that reminds me of why I love violent windstorms. Just awesome:

Here's a real treasure from the tornado that hit Grand Isle, LA, last week. Skip ahead to 4:35, when the funnel passes so close that the house right across the street blows apart. It's spectacular, graphic footage-- some of the best I've seen-- the kind that reminds me of why I love violent windstorms. Just awesome:

That's what I posted above but I could not figure out how to embed the video like you did (just provided the link). That is one of the craziest video's ever. It is almost laughable to see that thing pass right next door to him, and then form into a classic looking tornado thanks to the ground debris it starts to pick up as it slowly drifts away.

That's what I posted above but I could not how to embed the video like you did (just provided the link). That is one of the craziest video's ever. It is almost laughable to see that thing pass right next door to him, and then form into a classic looking tornado thanks to the ground debris it starts to pick up as it slowly drifts away.

Oh, sorry-- missed your post. I quickly scanned the thread for embedded videos-- to check first to see if anyone had posted it-- and my eye passed right over your post.

For the future: to embed a video, take the URL and put it in media tags:

URL

TWC showed the radar of the Grand Isle tornadic cell. It wasn't the typical waterspout coming ashore, it was an actual tornado moving in from the water. I am assuming the camera was filming it approaching from the North.

I never quite know the right words to use, there are the usual tornado over water waterspouts, then there are the actual severe thunderstorm produced tornado over water type waterspout, and I don't know if there is a term to differentiate between the two.

I have seen "typical' waterspouts over the Gulf, and 'tropical funnels' as well, which are something like typical waterspouts except over coastal counties/parishes in Texas/Louisiana.

I realize that the media tags don't show up in the my last post-- so it probably doesn't make sense. it should look like this, without asterisks:

[media*]URL[/media*]

Does that make sense?

Yah, I actually was able to figure out what you meant by quoting your post when I replied to it. Thanks for the help kind sir ;)

Thanks for posting this.

That black camper looking thing right in front of him around the 4:15min mark gets sucked into the tornado. You can see it hit the white camper around 4:28 and disappear from view. That's how close he was from getting sucked into that thing.

This video appears to be shot from several houses further down from the one in the video Josh posted and seems to show the tornado from the moment the other one ends around 2:34 on this video he adds still shots into it so it kinda views oddly but the thing looked rather intense albeit small.

This is crazy

Dunno about frightening, but the Campo tornado may be the most photogenic, gorgeous tornado I've seen. Especially at the beginning with the solid white funnel and light blue skies in the background.

DPP_0019a%20copy.JPG

This is crazy

This may not be the most frightening tornado video around, but it is certainly the most stunning.

With the solid white funnel against a blue sky background, seeing the rotation literally underneath the curve of the tornado near the end, and a shot of the swirl 50 yards away, I never thought a tornado could be so beautiful.

Do my eyes deceive, or at about 5:50 did that red SUV get blown sideways and stop about a foot away from them?

Jesus.

That made my heart skip a beat. I thought I was gonna witness something horrific in this video. Jesus is right. Wow. That video was such a dose of reality. You study it, you forecast it but somehow videos like this remind you how unpredictable things are. Who wouldn't predict that SUV wouldn't slam into the fence? It's almost as if it moved just enough to shield them from debry.

Lucky family.

An oldie but a goodie... still one of my favorites.

Classic. My favorite.

Watching a bouncing tanker come at you after the train has derailed is just a slight bit scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azV5bC2br-Q&feature=related

White tank cars are used for carrying liquids that are temperature sensitive, so my guess it is a Haz-Mat, probably a corrosive one at that.

Classic. My favorite.

White tank cars are used for carrying liquids that are temperature sensitive, so my guess it is a Haz-Mat, probably a corrosive one at that.

Matt gets an EM thumbs up for railcar identification. We did a Commodity Flow Survey in 2008 to find out exactly what was transported through the County. Most of it is caustics.

Archived