Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Most frightening Tornado videos on YouTube

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Well they say its mesmerizing to watch but when I knew last June 1 that there was one headed for my area and it started to get dark I grabbed my two dogs and ran down to the basement as fast as I could and then it got dark as midnight out and then eventually it got light again and the thing had just missed us but when I took the dogs out later neighbors told me they watched it pass just to the ene and said it was amazing and one guy said he just could not stop watching iit.

favorite tuscaloosa footage:

Pretty cool.

The amazing thing about this video is it shows just how close this was to hitting the mall in the foreground, that would have been an unimaginable tragedy had it hit the mall instead of missing it just barely.

"Unimaginable"? It would have added a few more to the already high death toll.

I just noticed the helicopter in the Tuscaloosa video, watched it many times never saw it. Wonder where that footage is?

is it on display? looks like there is a jet also in the same area.

edit: veterans memorial park

Pretty cool.

"Unimaginable"? It would have added a few more to the already high death toll.

A mall filled with people (note all the cars in the parking lot) getting hit by a 190mph tornado... Yes it was already high but that would have been catastrophic.

Found this very long surveillance cam of a tornado with no back story at all. Has to be one of the most nerve rattling videos to watch. I've never seen this anywhere but talk about lucky. The family takes refuge outside for christs sakes. Good stuff starts between minute 4-7 and its CRAZY!!!!

A mall filled with people (note all the cars in the parking lot) getting hit by a 190mph tornado... Yes it was already high but that would have been catastrophic.

Agreed, I don't see the problem with that adjective given the ostensibly large density of people in the mall.

Found this very long surveillance cam of a tornado with no back story at all. Has to be one of the most nerve rattling videos to watch. I've never seen this anywhere but talk about lucky. The family takes refuge outside for christs sakes. Good stuff starts between minute 4-7 and its CRAZY!!!!

Do my eyes deceive, or at about 5:50 did that red SUV get blown sideways and stop about a foot away from them?

Jesus.

Do my eyes deceive, or at about 5:50 did that red SUV get blown sideways and stop about a foot away from them?

Jesus.

They do not decieve you at all. Talk about lucky! Of course we can sit here and second guess the couples choices but if it was me i'd have hopped that fence and gotten in the corner and had a barrier on two sides of me.

Theres alot going on in that video. The big brick building at the top has a smaller building on the right. If you watch it instead of the couple you will see it go to pieces.

Jesus.

WTF!!! yeah holy crap if that SUV had gone any further it would have most likely killed them, and it had moved a pretty good distance to get that close since it wasnt even in the shot when it starts. It was like the end of Twister when they hold onto the rail....they should have laid down completely and the fact that they had small children with them UGH.....how do people let themselves get caught in a situation like that.....

Man, that video is just like an inch away from never being seen.

I have often wondered considering the well advertised High Risk similar to April14, 2012 and the boatload of video and pictures from that event. Just how many of the victims of the April 27,2011 died with cell phones in their hands. I would bet at least one simply from the video evidence shown. People took huge risks guessing the path of the tornados . April 14 had some high contrast tornadoes in open terrain where joe sixpack could easily film tornadoes safely. April 27 featured violent tornadoes in not very condusive terrain moving 60-70 mph.

WTF!!! yeah holy crap if that SUV had gone any further it would have most likely killed them, and it had moved a pretty good distance to get that close since it wasnt even in the shot when it starts. It was like the end of Twister when they hold onto the rail....they should have laid down completely and the fact that they had small children with them UGH.....how do people let themselves get caught in a situation like that.....

They should have stayed in the vehicle. They both had kids in their arms I think but its hard to tell with the man. Either way it was a bad deal for them and they got extremely lucky.

They do not decieve you at all. Talk about lucky! Of course we can sit here and second guess the couples choices but if it was me i'd have hopped that fence and gotten in the corner and had a barrier on two sides of me.

Theres alot going on in that video. The big brick building at the top has a smaller building on the right. If you watch it instead of the couple you will see it go to pieces.

I'm pretty sure the couple was interviewed on the National Geographic Channel's special on the outbreak.

I'm pretty sure the couple was interviewed on the National Geographic Channel's special on the outbreak.

http://www.kxii.com/news/headlines/Family_survives_Tushka_tornado_133856433.html

After hearing the sirens Desiree Miller says she and her husband and her two kids got into the car, but by the time they got to the school's shelter it was too late. The doors were locked.

"Total terror. Total Terror. I think my heart jumped into my mouth that day," Miller said.

Miller grabbed her 5-year-old son Sean and her husband Jason clung to their baby girl McKenzie kneeling down outside in a parking lot as the tornado approached.

"We tried to go into the storm shelter here at Tushka Schools. We didn't make it. They had already shut them down, and the winds were so high we were getting blown backwards," Miller said. "So my husband walked one way and I walked another. I lost peripheral vision of him. He hunkered down in front of a pole fence, pipe fence maybe, and he was waiting there. I go back to my car looking for him and then I can hear him vaguely yelling, and I turn around and he's hunkered down, so me, my son, daughter, and husband all held on to a pipe fence for about 9 to 10 minutes."

Miller says those minutes felt like an eternity as they were pummeled by bricks, rocks and other flying debris. She says at one point there was an odd silence, and that is when they decided to say their goodbyes.

"We were all saying goodbye on the fence. We kissed the tops of my kid's heads. I couldn't reach my husband. I just squeezed his hand and said 'I love you'. He replied the same thing, and we really did not think we were coming home," Miller said.

She says it took everything they had in them to hang on. At one point Miller's car even slid toward them stopping just about a foot short of slamming into the family.

It implies that the event wasn't already catastrophic, or that disaster was somehow averted by it missing that building.

This aside, there's nothing "unimaginable" about it. Several times last year, we saw what happens when powerful tornadoes hit large retail locations during business hours (for example, Joplin).

Great find. Wow. Awesome that they made it.

Archived