12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Heart of April banter and discussion.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The torch is full on Monday into Tuesday. Euro has all of us. Inside the 570 thickness envelope. That's hot no matter how you slice it.

The rain after heat is attenuating in the guidance.

Seems like maybe some elevated shwrs and tstms possible (at least some shwrs) coming through Sunday Night and then front stalls near us during mid week so we'll have to watch. Even GFS has a bit of rain. Euro and ensembles still have something, but certainly nothing concrete for now. Monday has SW winds so maybe hottest wx Merrimack valley area.

26/26, The garden is a complete disaster. I planted everything back in March after LL, Blizz and the noted forecaster Brian8675309 assured me summer was here and there would be no more freezing temps. What a mistake. Everything is dead. Thanks for the good info guys. Thanks a lot.

80 Sunday..90 and muggy Monday and Tuesday and warm right thru day 10

Get those a/c's in

Still don't own one and see no need to.

26/26, The garden is a complete disaster. I planted everything back in March after LL, Blizz and the noted forecaster Brian8675309 assured me summer was here and there would be no more freezing temps. What a mistake. Everything is dead. Thanks for the good info guys. Thanks a lot.

Did you really fall for that? You're slipping in your old age, Pete. Never go in before mid-April.

Nada in the rain department here yesterday. Congrats to those who managed to get some some, esp those with hail as a bonus.

Still don't own one and see no need to.

Did you really fall for that? You're slipping in your old age, Pete. Never go in before mid-April.

Nada in the rain department here yesterday. Congrats to those who managed to get some some, esp those with hail as a bonus.

LOL, no. Were not safe until June. What an epic fail the total leaf ouit by 4/1 was.

well enjoy 80+

I won't hit 80 either.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. West wind between 6 and 11 mph.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. West wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. West wind between 5 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

I won't hit 80 either.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. West wind between 6 and 11 mph.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. West wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. West wind between 5 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

They're pegging me at 79* on Monday. I find the BOX forecasts that far out tend to mute the hype that's on the board. Sometimes it breaks in the conservative direction, sometimes they adjust as later data warrants. We'll see how this one plays.

I'm with Pete on the 90* occurences in the summer. 0-2 seems to be the norm.

I'm ready for a little warm-up. It's nearing time to give the stove a rest. I might be in the final 24 hours of the season.

Obviously when we talk max temps from an airmass we're not uniformly applying it to everyone. If ASH is flirting with 90 then you guys will be 80-85.

They're pegging me at 79* on Monday. I find the BOX forecasts that far out tend to mute the hype that's on the board. Sometimes it breaks in the conservative direction, sometimes they adjust as later data warrants. We'll see how this one plays.

Yesterday BOX and GYX still had upper 60s in S NH for Mon. Just like with snow, they will bump up as we get closer and confidence grows. If the euro is right I think Pete hits 80.

Yesterday BOX and GYX still had upper 60s in S NH for Mon. Just like with snow, they will bump up as we get closer and confidence grows. If the euro is right I think Pete hits 80.

Or won't if the data should subsequenlty suggest otherwise. But, I think we're saying the same thing.

Either way, the BOX forecasts for mby are really tough on the temp side. I rarely hit the overnighit lows (I'd guess about 85% of the time I'm at least 5* warmer), and daytime highs are equally tough. It's not surprising though. I can drive a few miles to Greenfield and see a 5-7* differential (warmer/cooler depending on whether it's night or day). The same holds true (on a 3-5* scale) going into Shelburne Falls.

I guess my weather is analagous to CT--a land of steady habits. I mean temperatures.

Nice convective downburst with pea size hail, graupel, wet snow ,rain and 42 mph wind gust. Another .21 in the bucket for a two day dry beget dry total of .33.

BDL - 0.01"

BDR - 0.02"

HVN - 0.04"

HFD - 0.06"

IJD - 0.11"

GON - 0.25"

Pretty much a region wide fail if you're looking for decent rain

I had 0.10" here. By noon it will look as if it never rained.

BDL - 0.01"

BDR - 0.02"

HVN - 0.04"

HFD - 0.06"

IJD - 0.11"

GON - 0.25"

Pretty much a region wide fail if you're looking for decent rain

I had 0.10" here. By noon it will look as if it never rained.

Most of it was in ern areas. I actually had just over 0.3" which isn't bad at all. Some areas had almost 0.5".

I'm not defending the dry begets dry lunacy but I really do want a good rainfall. .3" won't cut it unless its 5 days straight of that. I'll gladly sacrifice a couple of days for a nice 1.5"

Yeah me too. 0.07" here. This time of year that's gone in an instant.

Driving up through Vermont yesterday I couldn't believe how low the rivers are. The rivers look like late summer/early fall. It's incredible to see them just a trickle in mid April... normally they're torrents.

Still think Sunday could be interesting, but it's possible best storms closer to warm sector to our SW. GFS actually has steep lapse rates during the late aftn.

Shear is quite impressive. LIs tickle 0 back here on the GFS... but down toward PHL they're more down around -3 or -4c.

Archived