• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How much BB snow did you get?

H2O

OMG, that accuweather map is too funny. It is almost complete opposite of what actually occurred. The upper midwest had the highest temp anomalies, and the only winter in the country to speak of occurred around the 4-corners. I beleive even FL ended up with some negative temp anomalies. Perhaps they did alright with the PAC NW.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've had my "Sno"shovel ready and waiting since late January.

I must be Rip van Winkle. I completely missed that I-81 winter I was promised.

Seems like we are promised that each year, and each year it fails. All joking aside, I can't think of a winter since 1996 (maybe) where I-81 did better than I-95. I should probably preface that remark by specifying our portion of the I-81 corridor. SW and Central VA did outperform I-95 in those areas this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to set the record straight HM called for plenty of snow too this winter. Although I have to admit, making fun of BB is a lot more fun.

the real reason people were critical of BB was his wolf number argument and his claiming we would get record snowfall during the late feb-march period in a la nina year when big storms are not the norm. Don S. pretty much debunked his methodology and he still claimed it would work despite the low correlations that Don pointed out. Essentially he was proclaiming he had pretty much invented the new way of long range forecasting (sort of like the guy who discovered the new math back on eastern). He also claimed that it had never failed him. I guess because he had never used it before. Anyone who has made forecasts for any length of time has busted. Anyway, he got what he was after which was attention.

Obviously, I'm bored or I wouldn't have bit on your post.

Just to set the record straight HM called for plenty of snow too this winter. Although I have to admit, making fun of BB is a lot more fun.

This was my forecast:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/20084-looking-ahead-to-winter-2011-2012/page__st__455__p__1016254#entry1016254

The stratospheric warming induced storm mid-winter obviously failed. My forecast for the local DC snowfall special was accurate along with the cold shot post-New Years and a very warm / crappy March for snow.

I admited I was wrong already but thanks for setting the record straight again douche.

This was my forecast:

http://www.americanw...54#entry1016254

The stratospheric warming induced storm mid-winter obviously failed. My forecast for the local DC snowfall special was accurate along with the cold shot post-New Years and a very warm / crappy March for snow.

I admited I was wrong already but thanks for setting the record straight again douche.

Sorry to rank on you. I admire your balls trying to forecast specific storms way out even if a lot of them don't verify. Nobody else on the board understands the atmosphere as well as you do.

We also cannibleised anyone with the slightest bit of optomism in their forecast during this winter of despair so don't feel like your alone.

And while I'm at it I'll apologize to BB too.

J/K he is still a weenie.

Archived