12bet1 net
Boredom/Banter thread..Nothing but normal to slightly above

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it get any better??

60s and sun for the forseeable future............oooooooooooo la la

Eh near 60 today and tomorrow is nice, but cold mornings and temps in the low to mid 50s with wind Thursday and Friday sucks. Just give me 70 or better. 50s are useless.

Eh near 60 today and tomorrow is nice, but cold mornings and temps in the low to mid 50s with wind Thursday and Friday sucks. Just give me 70 or better. 50s are useless.

sucks for you!

okx (as expected) 63 today 66 tomorrow and low 60 s this weekend wich will be bumped up! Strong ass April sun and 60s.......awful, just awful weather for the first week of April!!!! It should be 77 this week!!!!!

sucks for you!

okx (as expected) 63 today 66 tomorrow and low 60 s this weekend wich will be bumped up! Strong ass April sun and 60s.......awful, just awful weather for the first week of spring!!!! It should be 77 this week!!!!!

Not to mention another deep trough next week. Wake me up on Memorial Day.

You have become one of the most negative people in forum history, if its not snowing or 80 degrees you are just miserable, seek professional help ASAP

LOL, you weenie.

Hey, it's better than 40s and drizzle no doubt, but upper 20s when you head out in the morning and then 50s with wind in the aftn are useless. Mid 60s and above are nice because you can just walk around without any sweatshirt/coat etc. I'd actually welcome a nice nor'easter right about now.

I can't seem to get the 0Z ECMWF on wunderground, but yesterday's run had a beautiful deep eastern trough for next week. :) ...in a much better position longitudinally than these current troughs.

I can't seem to get the 0Z ECMWF on wunderground, but yesterday's run had a beautiful deep eastern trough for next week. :) ...in a much better position longitudinally than these current troughs.

Next week still may end up dry if the trough is overhead like they seem to love lately, but we'll see. At this stage I could care less about snow..I just want a good storm with rain. We could use it.

LOL, you weenie.

Hey, it's better than 40s and drizzle no doubt, but upper 20s when you head out in the morning and then 50s with wind in the aftn are useless. Mid 60s and above are nice because you can just walk around without any sweatshirt/coat etc. I'd actually welcome a nice nor'easter right about now.

LOL

Should be a stellar week, coastal next week? I agree a nice true blue nor'easter would spice things up a bit, if weather was my profession I sure would be looking for some excitement as well, now I just want .5 of rain a week with warm sunny days and cool nights.

Cheer up pal!

I have looked at 3 observations, and 3 observations only, have read no posts, and have seen no operational guidance...

1) MJO is strengthening ...not weakening, this time heading into Phase 8 from 7. I suspect as heavilly discussed, this behavior is in part because the ENSO bias significanlty weakend almost to neutral in the past 3 weeks along and preceding the MJO's current wave spaces (West-central Pac). This is less deconstructive as prior wave events, and therein enters the question as to whether we may see more incfluence on circulation orientation down stream.

2) The CPC GEFs -derived NAO is forecast to dip below -1SD, deeper than at any time over the last 3 months.

3) No leaves on the trees... If we didn't have mathematics and climatology, the wise-man on the mountain would look at the flora and say, gee - maybe there is a memory there that suggests winter can still stake claims. That's one reason why it's always so weird for me when you get those balmy oven scenarios from March 20 to April 20, because the juxtoposition of that warmth against a barren landscape just looks wrong.

Anyway, the 3 of those alone would tend me to think the next 7 to 10 days could be interesting. Now, I will go and inevitably wind up perplexed at a suite of operational guidances that just won't model anything to come of it. THAT, has been going on since ...last October really, and that is the successful transpiration through intervals of seemingly tasty teleconnector nods, and then being denied ...relentlessly. Not one event in 9 months of off and on nods. We've discussed the deconstructive -vs- constructive interferences perhaps heavily biased on the big D side over recent times, but good lord! Can't ya get lucky once? Guess not ...

Okay, so let the f - awe begin...

Yeah it does look like a trough in some shape or from tries to develop next week. Whether the axis is overhead and we are too far west for much precip..or just to our west is up in the air. That was the basis of me saying there could be one last hurrah for the high terrain next week.

When we want your opinion we'll pull your chain.

I didn't offer an opinion, I stated a fact. Revenue sources have nothing to do with whether an organization is nonprofit or for-profit.

When nonprofit organizations have revenue that exceeds expenses, the net goes back into programs, but cannot accrue to the shareholders. That is, the shareholders (members) receive no profits. The organization itself can make massive profits, the shareholders can't.

When a for-profit organization has revenue that exceeds expenses, that money can be paid to the shareholders as dividends.

Ad revenue has nothing to do with whether something is for-profit or nonprofit.

FYI.

John, I was just about to post pretty much everything you covered above lol.

For the first time this season, we're actually seeing enhanced tropical forcing near the dateline AND suppressed convection over Indonesia. So the MJO phase space projection is NOT an artifact this time. This coincides with significant westerly wind anomalies near the equator in the last two weeks (and persistent +AAM anomalies ... occurring in a -QBO and -ENSO preset ...), and the steady weakening of La Nina.

Anyway, as the MJO wave progresses into the western hemisphere, as I'm confident it will, the effect is to weaken the South American hadley cell, supporting a -NAO. On that topic, the NAO is projected to drop to around -1SD, and is now running below the GEFS mean ... in contrast to the bias all winter long.

I have looked at 3 observations, and 3 observations only, have read no posts, and have seen no operational guidance...

1) MJO is strengthening ...not weakening, this time heading into Phase 8 from 7. I suspect as heavilly discussed, this behavior is in part because the ENSO bias significanlty weakend almost to neutral in the past 3 weeks along and preceding the MJO's current wave spaces (West-central Pac). This is less deconstructive as prior wave events, and therein enters the question as to whether we may see more incfluence on circulation orientation down stream.

2) The CPC GEFs -derived NAO is forecast to dip below -1SD, deeper than at any time over the last 3 months.

3) No leaves on the trees... If we didn't have mathematics and climatology, the wise-man on the mountain would look at the flora and say, gee - maybe there is a memory there that suggests winter can still stake claims. That's one reason why it's always so weird for me when you get those balmy oven scenarios from March 20 to April 20, because the juxtoposition of that warmth against a barren landscape just looks wrong.

Anyway, the 3 of those alone would tend me to think the next 7 to 10 days could be interesting. Now, I will go and inevitably wind up perplexed at a suite of operational guidances that just won't model anything to come of it. THAT, has been going on since ...last October really, and that is the successful transpiration through intervals of seemingly tasty teleconnector nods, and then being denied ...relentlessly. Not one event in 9 months of off and on nods. We've discussed the deconstructive -vs- constructive interferences perhaps heavily biased on the big D side over recent times, but good lord! Can't ya get lucky once? Guess not ...

Okay, so let the f - awe begin...

Hate to admit it do to the D9 handicap but this "ilk" of solution, as discussed, has teleconnector plausibility... Just sayin'

gfs_namer_216_500_vort_ht.gif

John, I was just about to post pretty much everything you covered above lol.

For the first time this season, we're actually seeing enhanced tropical forcing near the dateline AND suppressed convection over Indonesia. So the MJO phase space projection is NOT an artifact this time. This coincides with significant westerly wind anomalies near the equator in the last two weeks (and persistent +AAM anomalies ... occurring in a -QBO and -ENSO preset ...), and the steady weakening of La Nina.

Anyway, as the MJO wave progresses into the western hemisphere, as I'm confident it will, the effect is to weaken the South American hadley cell, supporting a -NAO. On that topic, the NAO is projected to drop to around -1SD, and is now running below the GEFS mean ... in contrast to the bias all winter long.

Bookender

Bookender

Yeah, we'll see -

I did think it was funny that my last sentiment was "let the f -awe begin", yet the 00z and 06z were cutting off -4SD anomalies...

I think it might be the first time in many months that an actual long range chart fit with the teleconnector arguments.

Looks to me like there is no mechanism to get this up the coast. It's a dry pattern with Nw flow. We haven't a coastal all winter. This is OTS or non existent. Move along

Not worth even looking at the models until storm -3 days. All year long they've underestimated how far east things would end up and painted coastals at this range. Will end up hundreds of miles east.

Archived